Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

My K-7 is sick

Here are the symptoms. I did a quick search but didn't find any similar report. I bought it December 2009.

1. In Live View mode, the LCD screen is always dark. It looks like there is no light reaching the image sensor. This may be related to (2).

2. In "Sensor cleaning" mode, the image sensor is not exposed. A shutter curtain still covers the sensor.

3. Exposure display seems to be correct, but the actually exposure is not. When I close down the exposure (e.g. from f/2.8 to f/8), the shutter speed seems to change accordingly (e.g. from 1/500 to 1/60), but the image is dark. The smaller the aperture, the darker the image, even though the shutter speed gets lower.

To CRIS it went this morning. Fortunately, I have a back-up K10D.

08-08-2011, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
Here are the symptoms. I did a quick search but didn't find any similar report. I bought it December 2009.

1. In Live View mode, the LCD screen is always dark. It looks like there is no light reaching the image sensor. This may be related to (2).

2. In "Sensor cleaning" mode, the image sensor is not exposed. A shutter curtain still covers the sensor.

3. Exposure display seems to be correct, but the actually exposure is not. When I close down the exposure (e.g. from f/2.8 to f/8), the shutter speed seems to change accordingly (e.g. from 1/500 to 1/60), but the image is dark. The smaller the aperture, the darker the image, even though the shutter speed gets lower.

To CRIS it went this morning. Fortunately, I have a back-up K10D.
You haven't been hanging out with anyone with an infected K-5, have you?

Just sayin' cause there seems to be stuff going around.
08-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Did you try resetting it to factory settings?
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenRGuy Quote
Did you try resetting it to factory settings?
Yup.

And removing the battery overnight.

And hitting my palm with it.

Nothing helped.

08-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EsBee Quote
You haven't been hanging out with anyone with an infected K-5, have you? Just sayin' cause there seems to be stuff going around.
Ha!That's funny!!

But in a masochistic way. I have had to send my K5 in for shutter related problems.
08-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Why are there very few K7 discussions other than this? The K7 is awesome yet it seems dead.