Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Just read a full page Ad in the Practical Photograph (an UK magazine) for a K10D Ad which I think is just a waste of advertising fee for the Pentax UK.
You are wrong. And you missed the point.
You guys are NOT the intended audience for this ads.

Would this ads influence your decision of which camera to buy? NO!
Would this ads influence a sport photojournalists' decision of which camera to buy? NO!

This ads is for people who would pick up a magazine looking for a DSLR to buy; those coming from P&Ss or prosumers - the type of consumer who would walk into a camera shop and ask a sales rep to recommend him/her a DSLR to try. For this group of people, K10D is more than adequate for the "action" photography they would encounter, and actually a huge leap from the P&S and Prosumers they were used to.

K10D may have slightly more hunting during low light. But K10D's AF is very fast according to most reviews. And it is not at all slower than the competitors under good light in actual test data.

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with my K10D for the type of "action photography" I would likely encounter.

11-28-2007, 07:31 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
those coming from P&Ss or prosumers - the type of consumer who would walk into a camera shop and ask a sales rep to recommend him/her a DSLR to try.
And more often than not, as WE already know, the camera which would be recommended WILL NOT be a Pentax.
12-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Missed the point

It's not whether Pentax should have used that particular advert, but why do we care what and how they advertise? We have wasted 4 pages of posts on spurious arguments about whether Pentax should have promoted the fact that the K10D is capable(or not) of being used for action photography. Why do we care? Do we care what C*non, N*kon and Olymp*s promote as long as it doesn't denegrate another brand?
As far as I can tell the K10D is more than adequate for my action photographs and I have NEVER required more than 3fps, even being able to take photos of windsurfers that are moving bloody quickly across the frame with my FA*300 f4.5.

These shot with AFC, Multi zone AF and continuous frame rate on a very windy day and I can assure you, these guys were moving fast!

Last edited by Lance B; 12-04-2007 at 11:34 PM.
12-04-2007, 04:51 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@Lance B

Your pics don't show up -- just a red x