Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Inactive Account

AF issues with *istDL

I was messing with the AF today, and for some reason, when I get my subject in focus, keeping the shutter half way pressed, if I re-compose the shot, the AF will try to focus again (like it is set on AF.C instead of AF.S which is the setting currently in the camera menu) What could I be doing wrong, or is the camera, or a feature?

Thanks in advance

Gus

11-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If your AF-C and AF-S are in the menus, make sure that they don't change when you change the camera mode.

Check to see if your lens has an MF switch on it, set in the wrong position.

If your C/S are on the external switch, move it back and forth several times. It might have a speck of dirt in it.

Good luck!
11-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

are you sure it had obtained final focus? Was the hexagon (or whatever it is) lit up at the bottom of the viewfinder?
11-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
are you sure it had obtained final focus? Was the hexagon (or whatever it is) lit up at the bottom of the viewfinder?
Yeah it was lit, for ex. I focus on a person, and then I re-compose the shot (rule of thirds or whatever) let's say I'm shooting f5.6 to blur the background a bit. When I recompose (always keeping the shutter halfway down) the camera tried to re-focus into whatever is in the background. I have it in AF.S in the menu, and I shoot manually (f stop and shutter speed) Is like the camera doesn't lock the focus when I press the shutter halfway down.

Thanks

Gus

p/s: I found a solution in this web blog OK1000 Pentax Blog: Pentax DSLR Auto Focus Tips but still, I think the camera should lock the focus when I achieve and I'm recomposing the shot... :-?

Last edited by CombatCamera; 11-26-2007 at 05:34 PM.
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I agree - something's wrong. But I don't know what.