Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Hi, I know this thread is over a year old. But can any of you tell where I can purchase Pentax cameras and lenses here in the Philippines besides Camerahaus? I'm really hoping to buy a HD 33-300 wr. I hope you guys can help. Thanks

That's a new lens. Sadly, I don't think you can get an HD 55-300WR anywhere else. Your best choice is to purchase it from either B&H or Adorama, and have it shipped here. If you ship it directly, cost will be about the same as local prices. Use a freight forwarder, slower, but considerably cheaper.

12-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi drypenn. Thanks anyway. I had a bad experience with Camerahaus that's why I'm running away from them. I'll just have to find another way to get it. Thanks again.
12-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Hi drypenn. Thanks anyway. I had a bad experience with Camerahaus that's why I'm running away from them. I'll just have to find another way to get it. Thanks again.

I have purchased a lot of stuff from CHaus too and I have had one bad experience from them when they screwed me over a DA 55-300 (what a coincidence!). Still, I always check their prices before logging on to B&H. There are rare instances when their prices are actually better. But most of the time I've been using B&H lately.

Your bad experience is with Camerahaus or with the owner, J******n S**?

It's actually both sad and funny how our friends here get better deals than folks there in the Philippines, (where Pentax cameras are actually made). Pentax should not tie themselves up to an exclusive dealership.

Last edited by drypenn; 12-05-2014 at 01:11 AM.
12-05-2014, 01:38 AM   #19
Pentaxian

It's not really the pricing that bothers me but the service. I am in Iloilo and the reason why I buy photography equipment from them is because of what they offer, to assist clients in servicing their units when the need arises. Last 2012 my Olympus e-410 had to be serviced. I sent it February I got it October. Well at least I didn't have to blow my top.

Last January 28, 2014 I sent my Olympus 14-42 lens for repair which about a week later I decided to pull out. The manager then said that he had requested the pull out and in about 2 weeks I would get it. The manager resigned the following week and I inquired from the next managers as to the status of my lens and they all said yes they were following it up. 2 weeks became 2 months then more months until last October I inquired and insisted that it was only a pull out. Sometime November 13 this year I went back and I literally got angry over the new manager saying that she doesn't know anything about my lens. I showed her my receipt and told her that I will go to DTI for this. 2 weeks later I came back with a formal complaint that I wanted her to sign and receive so that i will file it to DTI and out of the blue my lens was returned. Did I have to go that far to get back what is mine?

You might say that that is Olympus but before me was a lady who also had threatened to go to DTI if her K-500 wasn't back in a week. She sent it in sometime February and had to scream and threaten them to get it back in November. Imagine that! What a service.

I think I can surely say that I was a good customer. I bought my Olympus system from them, my k-5II and 18-135, several tripod, chargers, batteries, company cameras and have referred friends to their store. And then what? This? No matter what they say, I'm a lost customer and will find ways to buy Pentax gears somewhere else. Anyway thanks again.

12-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

My beef with them is their pricing. They literally try to fleece customers, and that's despite the fact that I've befriended the owner and he has been giving me discounts already, but the price is still in the stratosphere. Pentax should do something about this.

I've tried their service once. I've asked them to clean an old zoom lens. They tried but failed to get the haze between the elements (which doesn't affect the image anyway), but I find their work sloppy. In fairness, they did not charge a single cent.

My personal thoughts: for glasses, import them. For bodies: that's where you might consider the risk of getting warrantied vs. non-warrantied.
12-05-2014, 02:17 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Thanks for the advice, I'll think things over.
12-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CH is the sole country distributor of Ricoh Imaging products in the PH. All other stores get stocks from them. If you have friends in the U.S. , bundle offers are better and more frequent there like B&H. But again, there's the shipping risk,or a long wait at the least.

12-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #23
Pentaxian

That's sad. Based on my experience I don't think I'll get anything from them again. As drypenn said, the prices are higher. As for me, yes they're higher because of the supposed service and warranty. But if you will experience what I and the other lady experienced you would run away from them. That other lady's K-500 was under warranty. As I have stated, I have been their good customer and now, I'm a lost customer. How I wish Pentax would look into their service and give chance to other dealers. Thanks anyway.