Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by basikal_kusayang Quote
Thanks for the reply guys. Anyway, i dont think the third part battery is that bad, as long as it gives me time to recharge again my other batteries, thats fine for me. anyway,where can I find this minolta batteries?can someone post the link here? Cheers..
QuoteOriginally posted by basikal_kusayang Quote
oh,and one more thing,is it ok if I use a battery with a capacity of 1750 mah or 1800 mah? can i use the original battery charger?
I get mine on ebay. Just search for NP-400, and Yes, you can use your regular charger. I bought a 3rd party charger though that just hangs on the outlet rather than having the cord running to a charger box.

pentax np-400 | eBay

08-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #17

If you are to pruchase a third party grip, make sure that you purchase a grip with the anti-rotating pins, they avoid the risk of the grip rotating around the electronix connection pins.

I've purchased mine as third party (30$ from China with third party spare battery) and has been working like a charm.

The Pentax is Weather Resistant, but third parties are not.

The price of a Third Party battery is cheap and life durability is almost equal to original Pentax battery (if I buy a battery which is 5x times the price od the original, shouldn't the original have a life span 5 times also ??).

Cheers
08-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used a K20 and a K10, BG2 battery grip. I now own a K5 with a third party grip. Some thoughts:

1) Buy the original BG2 grip for the K20. You can snag them for $50-100 or so on the used market. They just aren't that much more than the third party grips, and the quality is much better.
2) I've owned a lot of original batteries, and some third parties. As others have mentioned, get third parties with the same rating (or higher) as the originals. I've not been able to tell the 3 third-party batteries from the 4 originals I've owned for either system.
3) You'll be able to use the original chargers, etc. If you couldn't, I wouldn't put it in my camera.
3)