Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-x Repair United Camera

So, I needed to have my K-x viewfinder repaired and put out some requests for quotes and decided to use United Camera in Illinois.

Sent my camera on Monday, they received it on Wednesday as per UPS tracking. They have a deal where you can input you repair ticket number and track the status of your repair. The tracker said "waiting for unit to arrive" until I e-mailed them to make sure they really got my camera. I was told that they had my camera and were assigning it to a repair tech. The tracker said my camera was being "processed by the receiving department". For a whole week. Seven days later it changed to "your device has been forwarded to our service department. You will receive a tracking number when unit is repaired."

United Camera advertises that DSLR cameras take 7-10 days to repair. I would be surprised to see it back in 21-30, at this pace.

Just posting this to let anyone know what to expect if they should choose to use this company.

08-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Thanks for that report; it's always good to hear good/bad reports about repair facilities. Please post back when you receive the camera back.

Paul
08-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by birdman59 Quote
I needed to have my K-x viewfinder repaired
Let us know what the results are, timing and costs.
Also, what was the nature of the viewfinder repair needed?
08-30-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update

So, I received my camera back Saturday 8/27. Shipped UPS to our US post office, then delivered by mailman.

Once the repair started, it was done quickly. I was annoyed at the fact that the camera sat on a shelf for a week, but we could attribute that to camera withdrawl.

The repair itself was due to a dirty viewfinder. It had a big white spot on it that would not come off. Turns out that the viewfinder lens is cheap, soft plastic. The repair cost $97 including a sensor cleaning and return shipping. They even cleaned the dust specks from behind the focus screen. Very happy with the quality of work done.