Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
And another thing...While there are firmware updates for the Pentax cameras, they are there to improve it, not fix it...Ever notice how many firmware updates are released for cannon to ''fix'' issues????

12-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
And another thing...While there are firmware updates for the Pentax cameras, they are there to improve it, not fix it...Ever notice how many firmware updates are released for cannon to ''fix'' issues????
I don't think that's a fair statement. Many Canon firmware updates contain functionality improvements (for example, the recent 40D update makes it remember where you were if it auto-powers-off during playback -- and that's just something I found immediately as an example). And conversely, Pentax firmware updates certainly often contain bug fixes.
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I don't think that's a fair statement. Many Canon firmware updates contain functionality improvements (for example, the recent 40D update makes it remember where you were if it auto-powers-off during playback -- and that's just something I found immediately as an example). And conversely, Pentax firmware updates certainly often contain bug fixes.
Perhaps your right but one of my daily visits is dpr and well...
Canon EOS-1D Mark III firmware V 1.1.3: Digital Photography Review

Nikon D3 and d300 now support 'D2X mode': Digital Photography Review

Canon 40D firmware V 1.0.5: Digital Photography Review

Anyway,, those are just what is on their front page.. Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ

Now you would think, that for what these DSLR's cost and with their vast resources and experience, some of these fixes or updates should have been addressed before they had been released...
I am still waiting for a firmware update for the K100D super to upgrade something, but then again, nothing needs upgrading their..
12-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Dave, in my personal opinion, no one forces anyone to read any thread at all. If you don't like the subject title, don't open the thread.

I agree that everyone on this Pentax Forum made the right decision, that's a given. There is nothing insulting about that, and if it offends you, accept my apologies.

The botton line, I would like to know and assemble the multiple reasons why people buy Pentax.

You should have noticed that my first post, at the beginning of this thread, I clearly list all makes of DSLRs and that I point out that they are all good cameras and that they all can render beautiful pictures. The point of my thread is to find out what was important in your and other reader's decision to purchase a Pentax. That will help beginners and other people not knowing which camera to purchase. The results will be posted on my blog for a permanent place to look at for soon-to-be Pentax owners, I hope.

Thank you for your comments, good or bad, I like to have feedback.

Regards,

Yvon Bourque
I will admit, insulting, may be a bit harsh.

For your records then:
1-backwards compatibility with lenses i have owner since 1970.
2-SR in camera.
3- I can walk around with a smallish camera, not like my honking huge D2H with 70-200VR,etc, and not be noticed as a "Pro", easier for candid and street photography.

Dave