Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #1

timelapse with k20d - 99 image limit

Hi folks I'm new to this forum. I live in the Northwest Territories of northern Canada. I'm a professional videographer and have been for more years than I care to count. For fun I camp , canoe and in the winter I run dogteam.

I am working on a project to record something over a long period of time. It's a no budget project done for love and not for $$$. I have a donated Nikon D40 set up for one view and have just been given a lovely Pentax K20D for another view. My problem is the 99 frame limit for time lapse. Can anyone tell me if the APUTURE AP-TR1C DIGITAL LCD TIMER REMOTE will override this limitation? If not will the Pclix work ?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
woolfmusher

08-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the camera is in remote mode while you're using the remote, then indeed, the limit will be lifted as the camera will behave just as it would in single-frame mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #3

i bought one of these and it does away with the 99 frame limit - worth every penny if youre really into time lapse...

WIRELESS Time Lapse Photography Timer - Intervalometer | eBay
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The 999 limit on the k-5 is retarded. The 99 limit n the K2-D is unbelievably stupid

09-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #5

the limit is beyond stupid but is easily worked around if you buy one of the items i posted from ebay...