Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Camera problems - Help!!

I have the k-x and recently I had my camera connected to the 18-55 mm and stowed in its bag. One of my children "fell" or stepped on the bag breaking the lens off from the camera. I was able to disconnect the lens from the camera, but now when I use the 55-300 mm my live view and photo display does not work at all. The only damage I found was the lens being broke away from the camera. Is there a fix I could do to it so it works agian??

08-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Don't have any idea of how to fix it but if it were mine I would pull the batteries and card then put them back in to see if it might help.
Jake
08-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bjake Quote
Don't have any idea of how to fix it but if it were mine I would pull the batteries and card then put them back in to see if it might help.
Jake
Thanks for the suggestion. I was just thinking of changing the batteries because I have reg Alkaline batteries and not lithium. I was mostly worried when the lens bent down upon impact it might have messed something up inside. Thanks again for your suggestion!
08-31-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe the rear lcd screen is also broken? They are fragile. Do the menus display properly?
Sincerely,
--Anders.

08-31-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
Maybe the rear lcd screen is also broken? They are fragile. Do the menus display properly?
Sincerely,
--Anders.
+1
Did anything show up at all on the LCD when you turn off/on the camera ?
08-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Nothing has displayed on the screen since the "accident".
08-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think it died
08-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does the camera turn on at all? Do you see the indicators (mode/aperture/flash/etc) on the bottom if you look through the viewfinder? If so, when you press the shutter button do you hear the camera taking a shot (mirror slap)? The reason I'm asking is because if the LCD is not displaying anything it doesn't necessarily mean the camera is completely dead. The LCD may have been damaged as mentioned above but you should " technically" still use the camera to take photos, albeit not being able to preview. Unfortunately, this is something you may have to send out for repairs. If it doesn't turn on at all I'd try and check the battery door and see if the contacts or the door itself have been dislodged somehow from being stepped on...just throwing in some ideas.

08-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The camera comes on, i can take pictures with my other lens and use the sd card to preview them on my computer. I just can not adjust the settings or preview anything on the screen. I am sending it out tomorrow. My digital photo instructor recommended a place in Bozeman, MT. Thanks for all the help!