Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Marking function for pictures in camera!

I do some sports and one off the anoying things is finding back the good pictures when a game is over. Sometimes I shoot a real lot of pictures. Even more then a few thousend when I'm on a days tournament. There is time to look at pictures in dead playtime and to see wich ones are the good ones. Time to make notes isn't easy and when in the rain impossible.http://djlhggipcyllo.cloudfront.net/1768847/3ee7dca6822c84b60f363db9376397d808c17575/4.jpg

So here is my idea for the next camera series:
  • Give the possibillitie to mark pictures when in review mode by pressing the GREEN-button.
  • Make it possible to review quickly only the markt pictures.
  • In this way I can look quickly at the 50 shots I selected during the day instead of browsing true the hole set.

Any ideas on this new future?

08-31-2011, 03:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great idea. Its probably easy enough to do.

However, personally if they were going to give me that capability I would also prefer to mark those that I know are crap. And to 'delete all' the lousy ones in one fell swoop. Sometimes its a lot easier to tell the crappy ones on the small screen...
08-31-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I use the 'lock' function for that (prevent from deletion thing)
08-31-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
However, personally if they were going to give me that capability I would also prefer to mark those that I know are crap. And to 'delete all' the lousy ones in one fell swoop.
You can do that already with the K-x and K-5 atleast. If you zoom out to where you get a 3x3 tiled overview of your shots and hit delete at that point, you can mark multiple shots for deletion in one go. On the K-5, you can even zoom in and out to evaluate individual shots while marking for deletion.

But maybe you knew that already.

Regards,
--Anders.

08-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
You can do that already with the K-x and K-5 atleast. If you zoom out to where you get a 3x3 tiled overview of your shots and hit delete at that point, you can mark multiple shots for deletion in one go. On the K-5, you can even zoom in and out to evaluate individual shots while marking for deletion. But maybe you knew that already.
I did not. Thanks!!
08-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The multiple select and delete is also available on K100D which I didn't know until now! Thanks, all.
08-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
Back on track: This is not about deleting files, but finding back the files you think are good faster by having them market as good in the camera.

08-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

It's time for some more firmware hacks! Enabling 'marking' should not be difficult. Maybe marked files can have G(ood) or R(ad) or whatever appended to their filenames, depending on button-reprogramming. Something like that.