Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2011, 06:41 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you everyone in here that has posted their thoughts, I appreciate each and every one of them, some folks put up good arguments and some folks just said that it really doesn't matter and to just go out and shoot.
One thing that I have learned in this forum is diversity, I enjoy it, that's what makes this forum interesting, folks in here really care. Photography has been a life long passion of mine and I just love hearing discussions even over the simplest of things. Ya this might not really matter about the so called "crop" factor, but............it is something that exists no matter what each of you call it. To those of you that really don't care then do like I would do in this situation and get out there and shoot, my hat is off to you for that. And for those of you who want to know more about the technical side of things, my hat is off to you as well. These are great arguments and I am actually learning a lot from it all.
I am the type of person when I get a little bored I start pondering things, like what if this, or what if that? I have a box of lenses and a few old cameras and even a DSLR that all interchange. I got curious thinking of all that discussions about "crop" factor on this forum and others. I then start experimenting just basically to learn,I then come in here and post my findings whether I feel I am right or wrong, I just love to see others opinions on these such things. Most of my life I have taken many things apart just to see what makes them tick or how they work, I am a very curious individual when it comes to things like this.
Most of this "crop" factor stuff will most likely never affect me much in my photography wanderings but on the other hand there is the curious side of me that wants to know, and that is why I started playing around with my gear and posting in here. Wether I am bored or not I look forward to coming in here and reading others opinions, I am not in here to start shyt storms or overheated arguments to the point of where someone wants to launch their laptop across the room, but I do love a good argument/discussion/debate.
Ya from what I see this "crop" factor IS a big issue in here because as I read through these threads I can see the passion among all of you that actually care about issues like this, and those that don't care just stop posting in this thread(they are probably out shooting)
Once again I thank everyone for their input, it motivates me to strive for that perfect shot.
~James

09-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #32
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
I actually find composition on a view camera much easier - because the image is upisde down and reversed laterally so it lets you see the image in a more objective and analytical way.
That makes a lot of sense!

Ok, you know more about film than I do :-) I won't go any further, because I don't look carefully enough at my photos to really be aware of the signal/noise ratio. I'm pretty sure that what is critical, though, is not the total amount of light collected by the sensor - its the precison of the information gathered by each individual sensor set against any 'interference'. It's only processing that puts that information together to be a picture.