Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'll take your word for it

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
I use a couple of manual zooms a lot and if you set sr for the longest and then shoot wide it will over compensate and produce blur, but set for the short end like 35mm for my 35-70mm and it helps a bit at 70mm even if not optimal. don't take my word though test it for yourself. I was second guessing myself after reading this thread and had to double check- sorry I'm too lazy to post a bunch 'o pics of a duck decoy I was using to test on
I wasn't aware of this and I also will set SR to the longest focal length when shooting with a manual zoom. Actually I'm using a manual tc that makes my zoom a manual. I guess I haven't noticed it because if I'm using a zoom I'm most often at the long end? I'll have to take a wide shot next time I use the combo and check it out. Thanks for posting your results (even if I can't see them).

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography