Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #1

where can I buy pentax in beijing?

Hello, I´m in Beijing, China, does anybody knows any store where I can buy Pentax cameras? I´m looking for a Pentax K-R White, 18-55mm lens.

Thank you!

09-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
There are used to have several professional shops one by one at Liu Bu Kou that I got my first pentax there. The name might be too hard for you to follow. There are several second hand markets that worth a visit too. You can ask the taxi drivers they suppose to know everything ^_^. Or you can drop by a camera shop on your way on the street and ask them where to find the professional shop. They normally will you guide you there. And the competitors are normally at there too.
09-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by marcelahaga Quote
Hello, I´m in Beijing, China, does anybody knows any store where I can buy Pentax cameras? I´m looking for a Pentax K-R White, 18-55mm lens.

Thank you!
When I visited Beijing even the one or the other department store carried some single Pentax cameras. But I refrained from buying, as I found the prices way too high, at least on the same level as in Germany. I waited til I visited Hongkong, where the prices are considerably lower. So, if this is a possibility for you, I would suggest to forego Beijing.

Ben
09-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
When I visited Beijing even the one or the other department store carried some single Pentax cameras. But I refrained from buying, as I found the prices way too high, at least on the same level as in Germany. I waited til I visited Hongkong, where the prices are considerably lower. So, if this is a possibility for you, I would suggest to forego Beijing.

Ben
Buy from professional stores. Their price are much cheaper than department stores. When I got my first pentax from the professional store, it is about the same price as in the US. Anyway, it will take you some time to find the cheap professional store. Your hotel it's a good source for that cause they can speak English.

Benhai

09-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
Forum Member

The Wu Ke Song camera shops definitely sell Pentax cameras and lenses with western-nation prices, and that place is arguably the most reputable place in Beijing for photographers. You can take the 1 subway to the Wu Ke Song subway station, and the shops are about a 5 min drive/30 min walk directly north of the station on the same road. It's impossible to miss since there are fairly large billboard-style advertisements along the side of the building facing the road you will be walking on. I just visited there in July, and I remember a large Olympus logo, a big ad of Jackie Chan holding one of the colored Canon 1100Ds, and a large Leica logo among other things.

At first the place can be a little confusing and intimidating since there are a bunch of individual camera stores inside. Fortunately (or unfortunately?), there are only a handful of shops that sell new Pentax gear and a few more that sell vintage Pentax gear compared to the legion of Canikon shops. This means there are only a few shops to keep track of to see who has the best prices. The used shops are quite interesting as well and you might find a good deal on a lens. Depending on where you are coming from, the shops may seem kind of shady, but the service/documentation is actually pretty good. I bought a used DA 40mm f2.8 at one of the used gear shops, and they had everything that originally came with the package along with a signed receipt.

The prices do change on a daily basis. I remember that one of the shops that were selling new DA 40mm's for 2600 RMB changed the price to 2800 RMB two days later so keep that in mind.