Veteran Member

k10d

1. SR
2. 2 e-wheels and great colour!
12-19-2006, 05:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bdavis Quote
See, I'm not very happy with that. I guess I might have had too many blinkies on (in all the various modes at one point), but it drove me nuts.
I got to agree with you Beth. I used to have them on in my DS. I finally turned them off. I like the K10's ability to show RGB histograms much better, as it shows me which channels are blown.

-Alan
12-19-2006, 06:14 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
I like most of my Ds that it isn't in my way - metaphorically speaking. If I was intelligent enough to bring the right lens and to roughly set the parameters for the environment I'm shooting in I can concentrate on what I'm doing - the Ds is IMO designed in a way that provides a even and nice flow of work, no quirks, no hassles.

Maybe that is also true of other DSLRs, but that's what I like my Ds for.

Phil

12-19-2006, 06:41 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
k10

1 - 95% of everything I access is done through a visible button or dial - one step away

2 - the overall construction and well thought out touches like the solid latches for battery and sd card

...I could go on, but I need more time to find the depths of my love...
12-19-2006, 06:48 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Right now, I'm enjoying (1) It's overall improvement in speed, including the buffer and AF speed. (2) weather seals. It's nice being able to go out to take shots and not have to carry a plastic bag with me for the sake of covering the camera.
12-19-2006, 06:58 AM   #22
Ed in GA

OK, that's pretty easy

Number 1.

The Pentax Lenses. They are, and always have been, among the best manufactured.

Number 2.

At my age, the in body SR of the K100D.

Number 3.

The ease of use of the K100D. Menus are easy to navigate. Controls are comfortable to use.

And a host of others.

Yeah I know. You asked for only two.

12-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #23
Pentaxian

My 2.

The over all feel of the camera, very nice to operate.

High iso image quality.
12-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #24
Veteran Member

what i like about my 100d.. it gives me the impression it wont drop to pieces.. it dosnt have more mega pixels than it needs..

it dosnt pretend that its anything it isnt.. and niether do i..

it takes nice pictures with minimal effort straight from the camera.. i can take more pictures this way.. it has a wide range of usability given the correct lenses.. shake reduction helps in this respect..

i like the bright mode.. in dull english weather it produces "better" nicer pictures.. i also like the ability to turn it off thow when the sun occasionally comes out..

i like the fact it uses AA batteries.. who needs a grip with those..

i like the fact it cost me a couple of hundred quid less than the k10..

and yep i am trying to sing the praises of the poor old yesterdays model K100.. he he he

trog
12-19-2006, 10:23 AM   #25
Veteran Member

On both the recently sold DL, and recently acquired K100D:

1. I can use old lenses (especially my Tokina!)

2. With a manual lens, it's not a whole lot different than my old film bodies. But I know that if I want to stick on the kit lens, I get all sorts of nifty automation. Best of both worlds!

Julie
12-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nobody's mentioned this, maybe everybody thinks its a given...shooting digital. No film to buy, no wait for processing, processing totally under your control if you want, exif data at your finger tips, etc etc etc.
I guess the second best feature of my DS is the backwards (and in some instances the forwards) compatibility of lenses.
Runners up:
Standard batteries; small size; pentaprism; SD cards; and good quality primes available.

NaCl(stupid camera still doesn't give me a chocolat truffle when I nail a shot tho!)H2O +