Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax rebate...help.

I bought a 100d back in March. Did all of the paperwork right away regarding the rebate and everything.

I still have not received or heard anything.

Is this usual? Should I still be patient?

If not what do you all recommend I do to see some movement from Pentax?

12-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Forum Member

The current rebate form says: "Please allow 8-10 weeks for rebate delivery. If you have not received your rebate after 10 weeks, please contact us at 1-800-893-3769."

...hope this helps.
12-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, it is all too "normal", though it isn't right. You need to call the customer service number and tell them what happened. Do you have copies of everything you sent in? I've submitted no fewer than four separate rebates in the past several months, worth about $600 in total (I've bought a lot of Pentax gear). In EVERY SINGLE CASE, they "didn't receive" my rebate forms - in spite of the fact that I have delivery confirmation on each one.

That said, when I called they promptly entered the information into their system right then, and I got the check a few weeks later. Here's a posting from Ned Bunnel's blog (current Pentax USA president) that describes the process:

QuoteQuote:
We have noticed several posts on various photography forums about customers who are concerned about delays in getting their rebates on various Pentax products. To avoid any further confusion or concerns, I thought I'd share the following information about our rebate program.

Recently, we switched our rebate fulfillment operations from "The Express Group" to "Continental Promotions Group (CPG)". If you had submitted a rebate to the Express Group, please know that your rebate information has been forwarded to Continental Promotions Group for processing.

To check on the status of your pending rebate, please call 1-888-893-3769 or visit rebatestatus.com - Search .

If you have contacted CPG and they have no record of your rebate, please contact Pentax Imaging Company directly at #1-800-877-0155 and let us help you. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I'd also like to correct two misconceptions about our rebates and our goals in running these rebates.

First, unlike many large consumer goods companies that count on very low redemption rates for their rebates, we actually plan for and expect that a majority of our customers will take the time to submit their claims. And since we have already budgeted for this expense, we certainly want you to receive your check. It's our way of thanking you for buying Pentax cameras, lenses and accessories.

Second, the criteria used by rebate fulfillment processing centers to accept or reject rebates is not set by the vendor, but by the manufacturer. In our case, we have instructed CPG to be lenient (by consumer goods standards) in accepting and processing claims.

Finally, make sure to keep photo copies or pdfs of all the rebate documentation you mail in. While the actual number of claims that are lost or not processed correctly is extremely low, it does happen. If you have copies of your claim, it makes it much easier for CPG and us to correct the problem and get your claim processed.

I hope this information helps clarify some of the concerns we've seen posted, and happy shooting!
12-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #4
MUD

Rebates blow.....

Why not simply offer the rebate at the "point-of-sale"? In addition to collecting personal information about you, they're withholding the very $$ promised to you, until a later date.

Come to think of it, they're using a 3rd party rebate company, too. That means your providing info to two different organizations.

And yep, your mailbox, email and phone lines begin to overflow with junk.

Great.....

12-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
Inactive Account

question: i neglected to make a photocopy of the actual barcode from the k10d box. In the event of Pentax claiming they did not receive the rebate submission, without a copy of said item, will i be excluded from the rebate? I have copies of everything else, just not the barcode
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The first time I called, the representative didn't ask me for a barcode number. The second time I called, they did. I guess it depends who you talk to.

If they give you a problem, I'd recommend calling the Pentax Customer Service number on Ned Bunnel's blog (link posted above). I've heard from others who had to do that to get it sorted out. Clearly these rebate companies are pretty shady operations.
12-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
Pentaxian

my experience

I purchased in April with $250 in rebates. Due to the amount involved I paid extra for delivery confirmation and got my rebate very promptly.

In the past I have had the problem of (non-Pentax) rebates being denied where an original UPC was required. Although the forms said "keep a copy" etc. they would not actually accept a UPC copy, only the original.

I have also had a $30 rebate denied because, when I called after the requisite 8 week waiting period, they said they hadn't received my rebate. Then when I submitted the copy I'd kept, I was told they wouldn't accept my photocopy because the 4 week rebate submission period had (obviously) expired. In other words you couldn't inquire about your rebate for 8 weeks, but you couldn't correct a lost submission after 4 weeks.

All rebates do state "not responsible for lost or misdirected mail", but this seemed unreasonable to me.

Of course delivery confirmation won't necessarily help, because it only confirms delivery of an envelope, not delivery of any particular contents. But maybe it helped in this this case. I certainly wouldn't use it for less than a $100 rebate due to the cost.

Paul
12-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #8

I sent my request in about 2 weeks ago "Registered Mail". Hope to get it in a reasonable time.Thats about the end of January,I hope.

12-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I had to call

I waited 3 months than called the ph. # on the Pentax web page. I was told by the rep. that I would have to wait another 2 months after giving him the info. he needed. I complained & had the rebate of $150.00 within the next 2 weeks. The Numbers he required were the ones listed on the rebate form for the individual item.
12-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No problem getting mine at all from Pentax. But there have been a few cases from other places of not getting them when expected, but since I always keep copies, it was never a problem getting them in the end. You may be out of luck since you waited so long before even thinking about contact them. A lot of rebates clearly state that now. If a rebate isn't in my hand or at least show that it has been sent by the end of their stated waiting period, they get a call. Sucks as it may, it's up to you to make sure you get your cash.
12-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kww_2007 Quote
question: i neglected to make a photocopy of the actual barcode from the k10d box. In the event of Pentax claiming they did not receive the rebate submission, without a copy of said item, will i be excluded from the rebate? I have copies of everything else, just not the barcode
I was -- sort of. Pentax received the form I submitted, but said I did not include the UPC. I called them and explained that I had stapled the UPC to the form, so it would not be lost. They basically said OK, and gave me another submission number. Last week, I got another card in the mail stating I had not included the UPC. WTF?? Unfortunately, I did not make a copy of the form with the UPC stapled to it. My fault.