Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2007, 04:01 AM   #16
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
I've been eyeing up something like this and it seems it should do what you need it to. Wireless Shutter Release f Canon EOS 400D 350D RS-60E3 - (eBay item 230198734123 end time Dec-08-07 22:15:10 PST)
Thats brilliant, that product should work and its dirt cheap too! Great find! Now we have a very affordable solution available to solve this problem.

12-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
I did. This doesnt change anything. Remember it actually says in the manual that the remote will stop working after 5 minutes.
The big if is with no remote activity. I might try some things to extend the time without taking a shot. One that comes to mind is pressing the remote half way, as if trying to focus. Maybe the timer is based on receiving a signal, any signal, from the remote. It is still a pain to have to keep pressing the remote every not-quite-five minutes, but better than having to walk over to the camera and set it up again.
12-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #18
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The big if is with no remote activity. I might try some things to extend the time without taking a shot. One that comes to mind is pressing the remote half way, as if trying to focus. Maybe the timer is based on receiving a signal, any signal, from the remote. It is still a pain to have to keep pressing the remote every not-quite-five minutes, but better than having to walk over to the camera and set it up again.
Thats true, I did try to take pictures to extend the time, but I was using an MF lens... so the af part doesnt work, and I dont think u can hlf press with the remote, I think it will just focus and take the picture in one press. but i am not sure about that.
12-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Thats true, I did try to take pictures to extend the time, but I was using an MF lens... so the af part doesnt work, and I dont think u can hlf press with the remote, I think it will just focus and take the picture in one press. but i am not sure about that.
I think you are correct. There does not seem to be a half press available. I guess we need to blow a frame every 4:59.

12-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Andreas,
This unit appears to be a 2 button remote so it might just be what your looking for.
12-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Nope, 1 button, and appears to be almost the same as the one I linked to. The blue are dip switches for setting different channels.
12-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
I've been eyeing up something like this and it seems it should do what you need it to. Wireless Shutter Release f Canon EOS 400D 350D RS-60E3 - (eBay item 230198734123 end time Dec-08-07 22:15:10 PST)
According to the item's write-up - "Two-Level Shutter Button, Autofocus, Continuous Drive & Bulb Mode Supported Too!
-The shutter button can be pressed halfway or all the way.
-You can activate autofocus, release shutter, activate continuous drive mode or keep the shutter open for bulb photography as well." - this will do AF.

This does seem to be a "work-around" (a $25 work-around!!) to something that Pentax should fix with an update. I get irratated when I have to spend $$$ to fix something that shouldn't NEED to be fixed!! My .02.
07-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #23

I see the last post was 2007. Anyone find a solution since then?