Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
advise plz

hi everybody.....
greetings
i have a question, I just bought a used Hanimex 135mm f2.8 for my k100d on ebay for $20. Does anybody have any experience with the lens or the company..... do they produce decent results?
Also, I read somewhere that if u dont use K-mount lenses on k100d, the lens might get stuck on the body..... is it true? also, how to find out if this lens is K-mount...... The listing on ebay had said that it was meant for pentax.......
Thanks guys

12-06-2007, 06:04 AM   #2

I wrote about old lenses in my blog (see link in my signature). The seond article. About dangerous mounts also... Never heard of Hanimex though...
12-06-2007, 07:06 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Hanimex were (are?) a sort of Australian Vivitar, with cameras, flashguns, lenses and other accessories marketed under the brand - the were very big in the UK in the 70s. The name was apparently derived from HANnes IMport EXport. Like Vivitar they didn't manufacture the goods but sourced and rebranded 'generic' products - I don't know if they got involved with design specs for products.
12-06-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hanimex was a common name in the past in Canada as well. Don't know about quality though. They were low end for people who couldn't afford good lenses, yet did the job.

As said above, they also produced/rebranded flash, cameras, bags, etc. Funny thing, if you go to hanimex.com it takes you to Fujifilm Australia.