Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

I think something is wrong with my K10D...

I just got a K10D and have been taking pictures around the house.

Note: This is my first ever SLR camera, so I am new to taking photos with such a camera.

I noticed that the pictures have this line of dotted pixels. Links below are the full image and 100% crop. I tried to check other images and most have them though I couldn't always find it. The line does seem to appear in the same spot each time.

Image:
Full image on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

100% Crop:
100% crop of problem on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with my camera/lens? Will I need to return my camera or send it to Pentax? If this is a common mistake, I apologize. I wasn't sure what to search. Please help!!! Thank you.

12-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, that is a problem.... if it is new, take it back and get a replacement. If not, it is still under warranty.
12-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That's not good. Looks like a defective AA filter, or the sensor. You just got it so Like Buddha said, return it for a replacement.
12-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

whoa thats bad. Im not sure what it is but i'd return it if i were you. If you can't, i hear Pentax is excellent regarding their warranty repair. In some instances i've even heard of them giving you a camera while yours is being serviced. On the other hand, that picture is beautiful (minus that nasty line of dots)

12-07-2007, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I figured it might be a problem with the camera, sending it back today.

Thanks for keeping a newbie like me sane.
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
FWIW, I got my camera on Amazon.com. The replacement is on the way and I have yet to ship back the defective camera. Great service!