Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Finally got to try a K10D today...

I was taking a few rolls of film (rolls of what???) to the camera store for developing today, when I noticed they had a K10D in the display, which is a first for them. Amazing what a little universal acclaim will do.

So of course I had to give it a try, you know, to compare with my K100D.

Man oh man what a difference! It feels like, well, like a CAMERA. Not that the K100D is exactly toy-like, but my god! It's SOLID! It's like an extension of your hand. Amazing. And even worse, it was cheaper than the K100D when I bought it a year ago.

Anyway, I'll give myself until after Christmas. Then I'll sell that kidney and head back to the store...

12-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was in my local processing shop (in a grocery store!) and had brought my K10d is with me rather than leave it in my truck tempting sticky fingers. My friend Pat who runs the place loved the feel of the K10d; here assistant said "My God, that's heavy!" Different strokes ...

BTW Pat's camera is a 10D as well ... except it's a N****
12-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
m8o
Veteran Member

New Slogan...

Pentax: Makers of LBA and CBA alike...
12-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi Finn

I totally agreed with the sentiments you expressed when 'physically' encountering Pentax's K10D for the first time.
In comparison with your K100D you stated:

QuoteQuote:
Man oh man what a difference! The K10D feels like.......it's SOLID! It's like an extension of your hand. Amazing.
Just try attaching a D-BG2 grip to the base-plate and then you can start hammering-in fence-posts with this combination......lol !! Perhaps it is only NOW that you fully comprehend why the weather-sealed K10D literally makes the pitiful competition from C****n & N****n feel like the little 'toys' they actually are.
Regrettably all the dangerous warning signs are there for all to see, but sadly there is no known antidote. Unfortunately your fate is irretrievably sealed at this juncture and resistance is utterly FUTILE, so accept your destiny.......the K10D is beckoning.........

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 12-07-2007 at 08:08 PM.
12-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Hi Finn

I totally agreed with the sentiments you expressed when 'physically' encountering Pentax's K10D for the first time.
In comparison with your K100D you stated:

Just try attaching a D-BG2 grip to the base-plate and then you can start hammering-in fence-posts with this combination......lol !! Perhaps it is only NOW that you fully comprehend why the weather-sealed K10D literally makes the pitiful competition from C****n & N****n feel like the little 'toys' they actually are.
Regrettably all the dangerous warning signs are there for all to see, but sadly there is no known antidote. Unfortunately your fate is irretrievably sealed at this juncture and resistance is utterly FUTILE, so accept your destiny.......the K10D is beckoning.........

Best regards
Richard
My D-BG2 is on the bottom of the camera, and will come off only when I have to charge the camera battery. I have the system set to use up the grip battery first, so this might be a while.

After your CBA is satisfied with the K10D, you will have a serious case of LBA. I know. I cannot wait until the new DA* lenses come out, at which time I will be crying tears over what I cannot afford, but really, really, really, really want. DA* 200/2.8? DA* 300/2.8?

I'm depressed, but not as much as my Visa card would be if I really satisified my LBA.
12-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
Anyway, I'll give myself until after Christmas. Then I'll sell that kidney and head back to the store...
After they announce the new Pentax cameras in January the K10D will likely plummet in price, so you probably won't have to sell any of your inner organs to buy one. It's a win-win situation!
12-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
After they announce the new Pentax cameras in January the K10D will likely plummet in price, so you probably won't have to sell any of your inner organs to buy one. It's a win-win situation!
I'm still not sure this is true. I think the new model will be significantly above the K10D in price and I expect the K100D replacement to be below the current price (maybe by a lot). That'll leave a lot of room in the middle for the K10D to continue to sell for what it does now until next fall or so
12-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
I was taking a few rolls of film (rolls of what???) to the camera store for developing today, when I noticed they had a K10D in the display, which is a first for them. Amazing what a little universal acclaim will do.

Which store Finn?

12-09-2007, 04:58 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Ever since I got my k10d, k100d is left untouched forever...
12-09-2007, 05:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Ever since I got my k10d, k100d is left untouched forever...
Mines going to see most use with the GF. Great having two cameras so we can go shooting together. But any other time? Its going to sit in the bag.
12-09-2007, 05:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member

K10D might go up in price

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
The K100D is at $368 and the K10D is $529 including a 2 GIG card. Both after rebate. Stick the K200D in the middle of that pricing and there is no room for the K10D to go any lower. The only logical answer for Pentax is to drop the rebate on the K10D when the new bodies are on the shelf. I'd be amazed if the K10D breaks the $500 level. As you say it's a win-win for us.

Regards,

Ken
12-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
I'd be amazed if the K10D breaks the $500 level. As you say it's a win-win for us.
Hmmm... a second k10 for a second body and the k100 goes on to the girl friend for good. Win win indeed
12-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Miller Quote
Which store Finn?
Walden Photo in Ames. Just sitting there next to a D300...
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
The K100D is at $368 and the K10D is $529 including a 2 GIG card. Both after rebate.
$529 - is that body only?

/Jens