Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Have you ever tried the 300mm f4 K mount. You can set up the shot around mid day and if the lens is set to near focus, the sun is going down by the time you get it to infinity. That lens has accurate focus ability!! What's that old song? Turn, turn, turn...
Yep, it had about 270 degrees of rotation for focusing. That, plus front focus and "red halo", were some of the reasons I returned the $99.99 "ugly" version to KEH.

The manual says to set the SR at the actual focal length being used, not the longest length. That makes a manual zoom a bit trickier to use, unless you want to shoot Av or M, and don't zoom much....

12-12-2007, 05:12 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks from ch

Thanks for all the comments, mostly constructive. The lens i refer to is SMC, by the way. The reples seem to have generational overtones. I am of a generation that swore by the Pentax MX, and altough I embrace digital photography with enthusiasm, I still find manual operations, focussing especially, so much more aesthetically pleasing. I'm sure technically it's not, as some have pointed out. It's just that I feel as if my old MX has returned.

CH