Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe a pentax dslr first

This has to be the first occasion ever in pentax history

I went to my nephew's wedding on the weekend and there were more pentax DSLRs at the wedding than all other DSLR's combined

inhave to admit I cheated a little because I took my K7 and K5 but there was also a K-r. The official photog had a canon and someone else had a nikon

10-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
This is great. This weekend I met 3 people with Pentax cameras. First - a man with K5 and 16-50, than a girl with pink K-x and FA50, and another girl with K-r and 18-55.
Lucky weekend.
10-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
This has to be the first occasion ever in pentax history
Not the first. When I shot Robbie's wedding every photographer (five of us if you count the groom) had Pentax cameras... sometimes more than one!
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #4

I have one too. I was at a meeting in Maui in January and a friend of mine with a K-5 (I had a K-R at the time) decided to go on a zodiac whalewatch tour. The naturalist on the boat had a K-X. 18 people on the boat, 3 DSLR's, all Pentax. Unusual but satisfying.

10-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
Site Supporter

I was going to post this in the "Are we really that rare?" thread, but it seems more appropriate here.

Lowel, consider the circumstances - weddings generally induce point & shoots other than the hired photogs. Anyone with a DSLR will be in the minority, but the brand will skew the percentages simply because of the small sample size. Case in point: I brought my K-7 to my son's wedding this past weekend. The professionals had a C & a N, so Pentax was fully one-third of the DSLR's present! 'Course I wasn't fooled by this math, but I was happy to show my brand along with the full-frames.

I can't wait to see how their pix turned out, obviously from a father's perspective, but also to compare with my meager attempts.
10-13-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

true enough, what jamarley said. Most pro's use C&N especially if full-frame or doing video (AF on video haha!) but Pentax is fast becoming a popular people's choice. Wait til the Q drops in price, and a lot of folks will see more Pentax
10-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
I was going to post this in the "Are we really that rare?" thread, but it seems more appropriate here.

Lowel, consider the circumstances - weddings generally induce point & shoots other than the hired photogs. Anyone with a DSLR will be in the minority, but the brand will skew the percentages simply because of the small sample size. Case in point: I brought my K-7 to my son's wedding this past weekend. The professionals had a C & a N, so Pentax was fully one-third of the DSLR's present! 'Course I wasn't fooled by this math, but I was happy to show my brand along with the full-frames.

I can't wait to see how their pix turned out, obviously from a father's perspective, but also to compare with my meager attempts.
While I understand that most wedding photos are taken by P&S cameras, I have never been to a wedding where pentax is not outnumbered by canon and nikon before in the DSLR population. After all, the crowd at a wedding is no less diverse than the general population, where it is somewhat rare, when walking around to see another pentax.

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
true enough, what jamarley said. Most pro's use C&N especially if full-frame or doing video (AF on video haha!) but Pentax is fast becoming a popular people's choice. Wait til the Q drops in price, and a lot of folks will see more Pentax
I don't count P&S cameras only DSLRs. I am sure pentax is equally outnumbered there.

10-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Most of the family events I go to, Pentax is nearly 100% of the DSLRs there. Of course, it seems I'm the only one there with a DSLR.....
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #9

i saw two ladies recently in a state park. one was sporting a kx,the other a k5 and a k7 as her backup.