Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Problem with K-X Live View

When i was on Live View on my K-X, The Camera is making some disturbing sound like there's something scratching inside the camera.
But when i using the Viewfinder, the noise or the disturbing sound was gone.
It's making Bad Sound when was taking a Video. Please Help Me why.

10-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The "scratching" noise is the Image Stabilizer, a normal noise the K-x makes in Live View while compensating for camera shake. Try to turn off SR and see if it still makes the noise. When using the viewfinder, the SR is only active while you take the picture, activates shortly after focus confirmation. No need to worry.
10-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by agsy Quote
The "scratching" noise is the Image Stabilizer, a normal noise the K-x makes in Live View while compensating for camera shake. Try to turn off SR and see if it still makes the noise. When using the viewfinder, the SR is only active while you take the picture, activates shortly after focus confirmation. No need to worry.
It's Working, Thank You Very Much.
One more question. is there possible to turn on SR in live view and there's no scratching noise?
10-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Don't think so.

10-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RyudhaPraha Quote
One more question. is there possible to turn on SR in live view and there's no scratching noise?
Nope, if you want SR in LV, you will have to live with the "scratching" noise. I usually turn it off for video, so the noise is not recorded. Enjoy your K-x.