Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #1

SR with old Lenses (m42)... where is it gone?

Hi!

I got my K10D back last week, after it was with Pentax for 6 weeks to be repaired. The technicians there generally reset all the settings of the camera to default (grrr ).

Before, when i screwed on an old m42 lens, the camera would ask me to select the focal length on screen, for the shake reduction to work efficiently.

Well, now it doesn't ask me anymore. Anyone know why? I looked through the menus for quite long, but couldn't find anything related.

Any help would be nice.

Micha

10-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe you have SR disabled completely via the button?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Maybe you have SR disabled completely via the button?
Also check to make sure the drive mode is not on remote since that will also disable SR.
10-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"Aperture ring permitted" somewhere in the bottom of the custom menu? Never understood why this even has to be chosen as it has no effect if you don't have an aperture ring.

10-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
"Aperture ring permitted" somewhere in the bottom of the custom menu? Never understood why this even has to be chosen as it has no effect if you don't have an aperture ring.
Yes, that was it! Thank you!