Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos taken Camera show Toronto FA135mm

This Saturday I went to a Camera/lens shows in Toronto. Somehow there were some portrait possibilities. So I went with my FA135mm as my DA200mm was with my daughter in SF area. My 50mmF1.7 was too short given the crowd over there.

Daniel, Toronto

10-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
It is funny how your AF got confused on pictures #2 and #3 and took his own life and focused down south

Nice set, and they are always on those shows.
10-16-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess you are probably one of those guys trying to get a clean shot at the model.. wait... you have the long lens.
Since I don't have long lens with me ... just an old chinon 24mm/f2.5 m42 lens, I have to get reasonably close to take the following few shots.
Thanks for sharing!!... nice to see another Pentax guy around and hope you score something at the show.
Attached Images

10-16-2011, 05:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I guess you are probably one of those guys trying to get a clean shot at the model.. wait... you have the long lens.
Since I don't have long lens with me ... just an old chinon 24mm/f2.5 m42 lens, I have to get reasonably close to take the following few shots.
Thanks for sharing!!... nice to see another Pentax guy around and hope you score something at the show.
With manual and short lens you did well too given the circus like situation. I am a long shooter and in such situation long lens has advantage. My usual lens actually is 200mm = 300mm in film terms

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
It is funny how your AF got confused on pictures #2 and #3 and took his own life and focused down south

Nice set, and they are always on those shows.
Hehe not just the AF got confused...
It was like a car show and we had a couple of hours of crazy shooting (some shopping too). Who cares?

Daniel, Toronto

10-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by danielchtong Quote
With manual and short lens you did well too given the circus like situation. I am a long shooter and in such situation long lens has advantage. My usual lens actually is 200mm = 300mm in film terms
Daniel, Toronto
@Daniel, thanks... your photos and technique are always inspiration to many including myself. I am still a "short-wide angle" shooter because it seems easier to handle and focus. Hope to see more of your photos in further events around GTA.
10-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
aleonx3,

Thanks for the compliment (a bit over I believe)

For this set I did not do any color balance. Do not ask what it means as I have no idea what I was doing. What is important is how you would compare these with the earlier page of this thread.
Also I have been playing around with the very complex GIMP under Ubuntu too. That free program is very elaborated .
I notice that all these are done in F4.5 whereas the earlier batch were like F2.8/3.5

What are you guys' view?

Daniel