Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2006, 05:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
talked with my local dealer

Hi,
Went back to the dealer that sold me my K10 last month. A customer walked in just before me and asked about dslr's in general. The saleperson asked a few questions and then pulled out a K10D as the first camera to show him. Don't know if he did that because he recognized me or if that is what he would have done without me there. The other young man that works there came out of the back just about then and he asked me how I liked my new camera. Since they were not busy we had a chance to visit a little.

He uses a canon and one of his first comments was if he didn't have as much invested in lenses as he does, he would go for the K10D. He also said this is the first time that sales are split about equally between the canon, nikon and pentax. That surprised me. he also said Sony came in and offered a $15 spiff to any salesperson that sold an A100. It seems sales are not as great as sony had hoped.

They are on their second shipment of K10D and are down to one in stock. They were also out of the K100D and down to one K110D. Portland Maine is a long way from a large market and this is just one store but for Pentax's sake I hope this is a national trend.

Regards,

12-20-2006, 05:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well in Australia the national distributor has had I think 3 (maybe only 2) shipments so far and still has big backorders from resellers...

They just can't get enough of them from Pentax...
12-20-2006, 05:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

k10d produced images with a great texture details that other competition brands do not have. Colour is just so vibrant and rich. The camera has so many features !!! After all, way much cheaper for a such well equipped camera with so many "hard to get" lenses to chase - hence a very special experience once you owned the lenses matching the camera.

Stuff what others have criticised this camera. I never care about what the lunatics in the street yell at me or the hooligans suffering from delusions or acute psychosis. And I would simply ignore the comments from people that did not matter to me as our camera is not defined by these people.

k10d is so popular in oz that I think the popularity declares itself as a success story.

Actually I kind of hope people slow down buying k10d... All the lenses are just way too expensive to buy now. Some people just silently bid and bid for the lenses, Quietly Bidding....
12-20-2006, 08:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
Well in Australia the national distributor has had I think 3 (maybe only 2) shipments so far and still has big backorders from resellers...

They just can't get enough of them from Pentax...
Stopped in at the local camera shop here (Ottawa, Canada), hoping to take a look at a 10D. Salesman almost laughed. Said the stock they had was sold before it arrived. He didn't know when there'd be more in. They didn't have the DA21mm limited I wanted to see either. They did have the 14mm, 10-17 and others tho.

I was surprised, as I didn't think there was any significant demand for the 10D in the area.