Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
bigthumbsup Okay, I'll give it another shot on the K5. Hmm, I need a K or M lens for that, only K lens I have left is the K 85/2.2 soft. Don't think it will work on that. Will have a look on the marketplace.

05-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Should work fine with the lens you mention. But as I said, certain bodies with certain focus screens do show a (mostly predictable) discrepancy as you stop down, so be aware of that. As I recall, it is the K10D and K20D with the stock screens that shows this most noticeably. But again, that's true of all stop down metering, not just via the Green button, and since it only makes a difference as you stop down, it ends up being irrelevant in low light where you are msotly shooting wide open or close to it.

Do also keep in mind that multisegment / pattern metering is not available with these lenses, so you have to meter accordingly (default is center weighted).
05-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K85 soft is a very weird lens, completely manual aperture, like the older Takumars, but the advantage of that is that I can use Av mode on it.
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ah, didn't realize that.