Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abacus07 Quote
will this be called the RicoQ?
More likely the riQo, eh?

10-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Will be on the look out for a K10 once I'm back in work, I need a WR backup for my wifes' trip to Antarctica in 2012 (will prob post in wanted section here nearer the time.)
No real desire for something new otherwise just need to use what I have heaps more!
Don't really see a major new purchase untill a K5 replacement comes out and/or Ricoh bring out a K module for GXR. In the case of the GXR something would have to go wrong with our Kx which is currently a pretty perfect foil for my K7.
If someone wanted to give me a X100 I wouldn't complain though
10-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #33
Forum Member

My next camera purchase will most likely be the K5 or any possible successor (to replace my K7). Aside from my K7 and Limiteds, I also currently shoot an m43rds set-up as my 'compact' (Olympus E-PL2 + Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 pancake w/ the VF2 EVF).

Ideally, I'd love to get an M9 + the Leica WATE and MATE lenses. But given the cost, this is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Sony has really hit a lot of the right buttons for me with the NEX 7. On paper, this pretty much sounds like the perfect camera for me. Unfortunately, the NEX lens line-up simply isn't ready for prime time yet, IMO. Although a fairly compact and fast 16mm/24mm/50mm set-up is now possible with the NEX, I don't know if that line-up is strong enough to get me to open my wallet.

A Mamiya 7II also just came out in our local marketplace, which I find really really tempting. But having just splurged on two Limiteds (FA31+FA77), I think my wallet has taken enough hits for this year. :ugh: