Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2011, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So, I Gave My Sister My K110D....

I recently upgraded from my "entry" K110D to a K10D. Also got a DA 16-45 4.0 to replace the kit 18-55mm lens.
My sister (younger, by 2 years) has been out of SLR photography for several years, she was very active during the later film AF era, with Nikons. I always had Pentax, but there was no rivalry, just a mutual appreciation of photography.
With the holidays approaching, the usual "What should I get her?" questions came up and I realized my K110D would make a useful gift.
So I boxed up the camera, the 18-55mm, threw in a 35-135mm "F" zoom and an "M" 50mm f2.0. Along with cable switch, straps hoods, polarizer, Magic Lantern guide and anything else I could find.
And boy, was she happy!! We immediately went out on a photo walking tour and have gone on a couple more since. The fall colors, people, the local park complete with soccer game and running/bike path, just clicking away. She has a good eye and suprises my with her view on the same general subjects, a different "look" that opens up new ideas for me.
I don't know where it will take her, she could even trade in the Pentax gear for a digital Nikon. I mentioned that and told her it would be OK, I just want her to enjoy photography again, the brand doesn't matter to me. But so far she is enjoying the Pentax gear and seems really enthused. She went online and downloaded the K110D manual (which I couldn't find!) and has started working on her processing skills.
Just wanted to share a sort-of Pentax-related story with my photo buddies, soon I'll change my sig line to reflect my lens and camera changes. Meanwhile I'm waiting on a DA 50-200 bid on e-Bay. So many lenses, so little time!
Ron

10-23-2011, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice story. You're a good brother. It's always pleasing to introduce someone to the joys of photography, regardless of brand.
10-23-2011, 06:38 PM - 1 Like   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good on you. Well done.

Thank you for sharing such a nice story...
10-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This makes donating a kidney to my sister seem like such a small gift.

Tim