Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #1

K-X Auto Pict Mode

Howdy,

Hope someone here can help. It seems that whenever i put the camera in Auto Pict mode to take a really quick shot. 9 times out of ten its either too dark or way too bright. I thought Auto Pict was supposed to set everything for you? Is there a setting somewhere, maybe the White Balance that i need to adjust?

thanks!

10-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Too dark or too bright is subjective. Auto pict tries, but there are never any guarantees the results will be exactly what you want. If you want to picky about what you want, then you pretty much to learn ow to take control yourself via the other modes.
10-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

What's your iso set to? Even in auto you still set that and the camera does the rest.I find on mine that for a quick shot it's better to use the manual setting but press the green button to set ap. and shutter speed. Seems to give much better results than full auto for some reason, and also works well for the old manual primes I mainly use. It's always worth setting the WB too, I just pop a quick shot of the scene and adjust from there. With only a tiny bit of practise you'll find you're able to predict what setting to use before you even start shooting - I find I mainly use the fluorescent settings for general use, and I've found that the flash setting is a pretty good place to start from for mixed lighting.

Last edited by wildweasel; 10-30-2011 at 12:34 AM.
10-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
If I need a quick shot I tend to just use Av mode. If it's too under/over exposed I can just change the compensation quickly and go from there.