Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #31
Forum Member

I purchased my K10D body only from Henry's in Ottawa for $649. I checked out the Pentax rebates mentioned above and they are only good in the US. Anyone know of a similar Canadian rebate offer?

I "think" I saw an ad for Galaxy (in Ottawa) the other day for the same price plus a 2gig card and a case (although I'm not sure what the case was like and if it would even be used by most) I'm thinking of taking the add into Henry's to see if they will throw in a card as I am still within my return time.

12-27-2007, 04:26 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can't hurt to try, especially if the shopping season went into the doldrums like the media has been saying. Maybe they'll throw in a Extreme III 4GB!
12-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Neisey Quote
I purchased my K10D body only from Henry's in Ottawa for $649. I checked out the Pentax rebates mentioned above and they are only good in the US. Anyone know of a similar Canadian rebate offer?

I "think" I saw an ad for Galaxy (in Ottawa) the other day for the same price plus a 2gig card and a case (although I'm not sure what the case was like and if it would even be used by most) I'm thinking of taking the add into Henry's to see if they will throw in a card as I am still within my return time.
I bought my camera from Galaxy. No problems, prompt service, and as personal as it can get from 3,000 km away. I will deal with them again.
12-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm wondering if the rebate is a sure thing if I were to buy the body only. I already have the kit lens that came my k110d, so no need for another. The wording on the pentax holiday seems to indicate that the k10d kit must be purchased and not the body, but amazon, bh photo, etc seem to indicate that the body alone would qualify for the $100 bucks.... confused!

12-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #35
Veteran Member

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/scms_docs//brightenyourholidays.dslr.rebate.lr_110707.pdf

"If you purchase a K10D/K100D Super lens kit configuration you will need to cut out the original UPC code
from the camera BODY box located inside the kit package. All UPC codes for all products must be submitted."
12-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #36
Forum Member

Its funny,

I found a great deal at Amazon. Free shipping on the K10d + 18-55mm lens - rebate for about 640.00

After this, I went to a local Ritz camera store to look for a decent bag, and the guy there just said that this price was impossible and that I must have received an inferior product. Well my wife and I bought two of these kits and no issues. The dealer said it was impossible that I could have received this price. Could it be that online dealers like Amazon probably buy in mega bulk, so they probably can cut costs more than dealers. I recently just bought my Hoya 72 filter online from a place in Florida for about 28.00 as well. I don't think I would ever really visit a dealer unless I needed to. I would hate to pay taxes, but I still appreciate that there are places that can give you face to face service.
12-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #37
Inactive Account

I am sure that online retailers do buy as you say "in bulk" thereby allowing some price discretion. Plus they do not have to maintain a brick and mortar storefront, which allows them to lower their profit margin.

I have bought many camera's online and I swear by beach camera/buydigi. Always arrives on time great prices and no high pressure callbacks. If they say they have it in stock they have it in stock. I have also purchased from Vanns, in Montana, their selection is limited but they again dont do callbacks and they ship when promised. Always a couple specials there.
12-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #38
Inactive Account

I found the same deal as ruemiser, except mine was $615 because I had a gift card from Amazon for $25.

12-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #39
Site Supporter

I purchased my K10, battery grip, 3 high capacity Pentax batteries, 2 GB 150X speed card, 18 - 55mm lens and 5 year extended warranty from Abes of Maine for $1,100.00 duty paid, taxes paid delivered to my door in Canada. I purchased it the 18th of May 07.
12-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #40
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Neisey Quote

Checked out the ad and it was actually a 1 GB card. Anyway, I called Galaxy as there was no date on the ad and they told me it was good til Dec 30th but also that for the K10d they would offer the body at $599 with no freebies. Since I already have a good bag and would prefer a larger/faster SD card than what they were asking that is a much better deal for me. So, I had a little back and forth with Henry's and they have agreed to match the price at $599. I will probably use the redund in their store anyway.
01-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #41
Forum Member

Well I am shopping around for the k10d.

Amazon went back up in price. It was $629, now $681.
Beach Camera is the best price @ $609

Both are body prices.
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #42
Forum Member

Nice. I will have to check out beach Camera. Are they also competitive for Pentax Lens Kits? I've been wanting the Fisheye and the zoom

- Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by budkid Quote
Well I am shopping around for the k10d.

Amazon went back up in price. It was $629, now $681.
Beach Camera is the best price @ $609

Both are body prices.
01-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #43
dbh
Inactive Account

Was at McBain Camera (Edmonton) today. They sold out of Pentax cameras over the last few weeks and can't get any more. "Discontinued. Expecting new models after a January announcement. Don't know when."
Bought a lens. The DA fisheye.
Loads of fun...
01-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #44
Veteran Member

I got an email reminder for the K10D (I think) from Circuit City on Dec 27th. Gone now; no Pentax DSLRs listed at all.
01-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #45

I noticed 2 days ago both K10D and K100D were missing on CC web site. I was going to go with Amazon and pay the extra $20 (629 amazon vs 609 beach) since they will pricematch their own prices. I was holding out late because of the announcement. I figured with in 30 days the price would drop more and they would match it plus the $100 rebate. If it drops again in a couple of weeks I will likely buy from them in hopes of another price drop in 30 days.