Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
<sarcasm>
Did Pentax even have a camera entered?
</sarcasm>

I watched the video and they never once said the word "Pentax". I guess Pentax needs to buy some more ad space. While I don't doubt the D300 is a fine camera, they kept talking about the image stabilization and price ($1400) of the Sony A700 like it was a great bargain.

Oh well.

12-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
<sarcasm>
Did Pentax even have a camera entered?
</sarcasm>

I watched the video and they never once said the word "Pentax". I guess Pentax needs to buy some more ad space. While I don't doubt the D300 is a fine camera, they kept talking about the image stabilization and price ($1400) of the Sony A700 like it was a great bargain.

Oh well.

They bought the back cover this month, and recently they've had 'Pentaxian' ads pretty regularly... I think that's a big step for Pentax.
12-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by loudbay Quote
They bought the back cover this month, and recently they've had 'Pentaxian' ads pretty regularly... I think that's a big step for Pentax.

I agree. I was being (slightly) sarcastic. I do think Pentax has really stepped up their marketing. However, I felt like the K10D would have at least merited a mention in the review. OTOH, it IS last year's baby.
12-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
While the camera did well in how it was viewed, I'm feeling sad ... why only one page where the others got three, and no graphic for the results like the other cameras?

...Pentax, the Rodney Dangerfield of camera makers...
The other brands needed more convincing to be purchased, thus the 3 pages of pretty pictures :P

12-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dmadden Quote
The only thing holding pentax back is its delayed lens rollout. Once all the lens are on the market, pentax will start to own a bigger piece. Image stabilisation is a huge deal for most people, but so is a huge lens lineup. Canon and Nikon will never have built in image stailisation because they invested in it on the lens.
Look at this:
Canon 70-200 f4 $600
Canon 70-200 f4 Image stabilised $1050

And this margin is the same across the entire lens lineup for canon. I have a rebel xt that i got only because i had a need for certain lens that pentax does'nt have available as yet. I use both cameras but I'm a lot happier with the pentax. As for bodies, I prefer to wait a couple of months to get a body cheap. They dont hold their value, period. Better to invest in good glass.
Yep, Now this makes sense...
It really is all about the glass..In that video, I could not help but notice the gazzillion dollar lens on the D300