Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just did it !!

I had a really nice payday yesterday. Had 4 hours overtime on my regular check, also, where I work, they let you build up as much sick time as you want. And any sick time you have over 30 days, you can cash in, I had 40 days built up, so cashed in 10 days, also, recd. my bonus check yesterday. Welllllllllllllllll, I have been debating in my head about upgrading to a K10D, and I just ordered one !! Plus the grip, and a spare battery. Hopefully will have it within a week. Totally stoked about this, lol. So after the rebates, my sick pay I cashed in will pretty much pay for this !! Gotta love free money !!!

12-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! (or whatever politically correct statement I am supposed to use)
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LOL Buddha, thanks !! I have been going back and forth on this for months, and with the way the prices have dropped, I said, what the hell, you only live once !! So I went for it, and I am certain I won't regret it !! Actually after the rebates, the sick pay will MORE than pay for all of this. So it is like I got it free

Last edited by Stratman; 12-12-2007 at 08:14 PM.
12-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
...I have been debating in my head about upgrading to a K10D, and I just ordered one !! Plus the grip, and a spare battery. Hopefully will have it within a week. Totally stoked about this, lol. So after the rebates, my sick pay I cashed in will pretty much pay for this !! Gotta love free money !!!
Not free: sounds like you worked for it. Congratulations, you'll love it and this is a great time to be buying. If you get a chance, follow up here with a photo in a week.

Will

12-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Free, as in the sick pay was free, every other place I have worked had a "use it or lose it" policy on their sick days. Where I am working now, you can build up as many as you want, I haven't used a sick day since October 1999. So it built up big time, and I STILL have 30 full days of sick time after cashing in 10 days, lol, I love it !!

Quoting Will: "If you get a chance, follow up here with a photo in a week."

If the weather would ever get better, I'll definitely be out trying it out !! Been rainy, sleety, and icy here for almost a WEEK !! UGH !!
12-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

If the weather would ever get better, I'll definitely be out trying it out !! Been rainy, sleety, and icy here for almost a WEEK !! UGH !!
I don't want to hear that. I have to fly to Pittsburgh tomorrow for two days. Ugh.

Well, I still think you earned it by not getting sick all those years. If I didn't work for myself, I'd take every sick day I could get my hands on, as soon as I could get my hands on it. :-)

Anyway, enjoy. Take some pictures of the snow.

Will
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
By the way, since I am notoriously impatient, about how long does it take to charge the battery?

12-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #8

Merry Christmas!

Now is the time to get a K10D. I've been wanting one for longer than I care to mention. Looks like it may happen for me early early next year. (I got the ok from my wife finally) Hope you enjoy it and like Will said, post a photo or two when you can!
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

It usually ships with a little bit of a charge already on it. Enough for more than a few shots. But it usually only takes a couple of hours to charge a completely drained battery.
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Congrats! The charge time I've seen is roughly two hours (but don't forget, you've got two batteries now. Excellent choice, btw). You'll love the camera. Cheers!
12-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #11
Pentaxian

By the way, since I am notoriously impatient, about how long does it take to charge the battery?
As long as it takes to scan the manual once.
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Free, as in the sick pay was free, every other place I have worked had a "use it or lose it" policy on their sick days. Where I am working now, you can build up as many as you want, I haven't used a sick day since October 1999. So it built up big time, and I STILL have 30 full days of sick time after cashing in 10 days, lol, I love it !!

Quoting Will: "If you get a chance, follow up here with a photo in a week."

The K10d is weatherproof - aren't you?
12-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #13

Congratulations! You've made a good choice! Looking forward to read your first impression about your new camera!
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The K10d is weatherproof - aren't you?
Not like I was when I was younger, haha... The cold weather really hits me hard these days, I despise it !! But as long as it isn't raining when I get it, I'll definitely go out and fire off a few shots
12-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrads....you healthy devil you........... I have had mine for about 6 months and love it now more than when I first got it. You will not beleive what you can do with it. One word of caution..........read the manual.....it is chalk a bloc full of info. Have fun and post some pics.