Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
Banned

Extended warranty for your Camera equipment through your credit card

Hello all,

I came across with this website where you can insert your first 10 digits of your credit card number ( not applied to all card.. mostly applies to Visa and MC ) and it will tell you the benefits you may not be aware of. I tried my signature visa cash rewards from BoA and it says I have Visa Warranty Services which afterwards I confirmed that with my bank. The representative said the website is LEGIT.

Also AMEX offers one year extended warranty on electronics with almost all their cards.

https://www.benefitinformationcenter.com/Index.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Good luck saving more $$$$.

Derek

11-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #2

10 digits is too much. Do you really think your CC number is safe after that?
11-01-2011, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
10 digits is too much. Do you really think your CC number is safe after that?
The first 10 digits of most credit cards identify bank specific card details and are readily available, even online (the first six are the bank and the last designate other information - google 'credit card bin numbers' if you want to see for yourself!). The last 6 digits are typically the only unique numbers, along with the CVV code on the back of the card (so technically 9 unique digits, along with the expiration date).
11-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
The first 10 digits of most credit cards identify bank specific card details and are readily available, even online. The last 6 digits are typically the only unique numbers, along with the CVV code on the back of the card (so technically 9 unique digits, along with the expiration date).
Thanks for the info.

11-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
The first 10 digits of most credit cards identify bank specific card details and are readily available, even online (the first six are the bank and the last designate other information - google 'credit card bin numbers' if you want to see for yourself!). The last 6 digits are typically the only unique numbers, along with the CVV code on the back of the card (so technically 9 unique digits, along with the expiration date).
thanks for the info.
11-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its better to go to the card website itself and get the details of what the extended warranty is about. My understanding is that AmEx does not offer 1 year of extended warranty, it doubles the warranty of the manufacturer upto a max of 1 year. So some products could get upto an additional year but not all:

"When you charge the cost of a covered product with your American Express® Card, the Extended Warranty 1 will extend the terms of the original manufacturer's warranty for a period of time equal to the duration of the original manufacturer's warranty, up to one additional year on warranties of five years or less that are eligible in the U.S."

https://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/dom/us/en/feefreeservices/faq...aq&type=intfaq
11-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
Its better to go to the card website itself and get the details of what the extended warranty is about.

I agree with your comment to some extent. It works for my AMEX but not for few other cards I own.Some CCs don't provide sufficient information on their website. When I called BoA to verify my CC benefits that I found through this website, I asked them to show me where those benefits are listed on BoA website. The representative wasn't able to allocate them;however, he said whatever the website gives me is legit benefits under Visa rules and regulations and they are the one who handle the warranty not BoA or any other bank.