Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
*ist D firmware upgrade from 0.20

hello,
i have a question, a small problem and i hope that on this forum i will find my answer. i have bought a pentax istd, few weeks ago, as a second camera for my k-5 and i really like it. the thing is that the camera came with a 0.20 firmware version, and i could not succed to update it. i take the latest firmware from pentax jp which is now 1.12 and follw all the instruction very carefully several times and nothing. when i turn on the camera while pressing the menu button nothing happens, it just show me the firmare version 0.20 and that s all. with my k-5 i have no problem in updating. can u or somone else help me pls? i have wrote several time to pentax support and all they do is to provide me the link for downloading the firmware , in conclusion they did not help me at all
thank you

11-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The camera shouldn't have a preproduction firmware version on it. Who sold it to you? You may have to send it in to get it upgraded.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You should play a bit around just to see if there are some functionalities which have removed when the camera went into prod. For example, some preproduction samples of the K-7 had a face tracking autofocus in video. It was hardly efficient
11-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Sounds odd????

So I take it you tried the whole, format your CF card, put the file directly on the CF not in a folder, put it in the camera, and turn it on, camera should automatically update the firmware???

After reading the website again, It Could be it is a something that can only be updated by a service centre, if the firmware isn't VER 1.0 or above it may not recognise the auto update file.

11-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
hey,
i have bought it on ebay, from a german seller. the camera is mint, almost new, and i love it. the problem is when i shoot raw and magnify a little in PS i can see some wierd vertical lines. i thought that i could uptade the firmware and resolve this. but it was imposible to update it.
11-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Is it a fine green line???? I've seen similar, but only when I look 100% in PS, That was back when I had VER1.0, and must admit saw no change to it when I did update the firmware to VER1.12. Funnily I didn't see it in jpegs, or Tiffs, have you tried shooting TIFFs and see what happens then??
11-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
no, there are many vertical lines, like a patern, very descret, only visible in RAW pictures. in Tiff or Jpeg they do not appear. But it is annoyng, because when you try to make some adjustements, even minor ones in camera RAW they become visible.