Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #46
Forum Member

Original Poster
I don't go above 400. If the speed gets to 1/90 or below, I use a tripod or turn IS on, but I mostly shoot
daylight or use flash.

11-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Couple of suggestions for portrait lenses.

1) My personal preference is for the Tamron Adaptall-2 90 mm f2.5, if you are OK with manual focus. This is just a great lens and it can be a bargain.

2) A second thought, which I use when traveling is the Sigma 105 mm f2.8. It's a great lens and doubles as a medium telephoto also.

3) Takumar 105 mm f2.8 produces great pictures. Although an M42 mount lens, I have a dedicated adapter which I just keep on it. It's very compact, light and again is a good medium telephoto.

Hope that's of some help.
11-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Greeneg Quote
Couple of suggestions for portrait lenses.

1) My personal preference is for the Tamron Adaptall-2 90 mm f2.5, if you are OK with manual focus. This is just a great lens and it can be a bargain.

2) A second thought, which I use when traveling is the Sigma 105 mm f2.8. It's a great lens and doubles as a medium telephoto also.

3) Takumar 105 mm f2.8 produces great pictures. Although an M42 mount lens, I have a dedicated adapter which I just keep on it. It's very compact, light and again is a good medium telephoto.

Hope that's of some help.
I think the OP specified AF.
If not, I think that would open the door to a great number of low cost alternatives. However, now that I've seen Sony's new Focus peeking technology, I can't help but feel as though all other camera's are inadequate when it comes to MF
11-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I think the OP specified AF.
If not, I think that would open the door to a great number of low cost alternatives. However, now that I've seen Sony's new Focus peeking technology, I can't help but feel as though all other camera's are inadequate when it comes to MF
I think I need to try this out first hand. I hear how great it is, but I think it probably needs to be experienced.

11-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by jeryst Quote
I have the opportunity to start doing some portrait work, and I an not really happy with
the sharpness of my DA 18-55 lens, so I would like some opinions from the experts here.
If I can be really cheap: you say later you have the DA 55-300. Have you tried that? Try around 70-100mm, stopped down a little rather than wide open.
11-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #51
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I sended you a Private Message.
Hi Ron, I'm curious about your post processing flow as well. The resolution sharpness and clarity of you photos is something I can't get to either.