Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One of these days I'm going to be moving away from here. I've been debating upon where to move when the time comes for a while, but I must admit a lot of my first choices I'm re-thinking a lot because of certain things. Easy access to Pentax gear is actually one of them. The other is existence of Dunkin Donuts in said places. As much as I loved the West Coast while I was out there I hated the fact that there were no Dunkins in the area. They didn't have Pentax gear either and while there were compensations I'm just not too sure that I'd want to live in a place where I couldn't easily view new gear or grab me a proper coffee roll once in a while.

I'm not a KK person. I'm not a gourmet donut person. I like my Sunday DD donuts, and muffins, and once in a while those coffee rolls. I missed them like heck the whole time I was out there going to school et all. Sounds stupid I know, but it's a childhood treat thing to me the once weekly trip to a DD and I get cranky knowing the nearest DD is thousands of miles away. (NO Starbucks doesn't cut it either. I don't care about the darned fancy coffee! I don't go to DD for coffee. I don't drink coffee or tea. I go to DD for freakin DONUTS!) I've been thinking really hard about Seattle but while I am told you can actually find Pentax gear there, there is no DD! Ditto about a couple of places in MA, but while (of course) they have DD they don't seem to have a Pentax store. MA might be do-able though because at least I can catch a train up to NYC and hit the stores there once in a while. NYC is out. I can't handle it anymore I don't think. I'm not 20 anymore and my experience of the city was pre-9/11 besides. I don't think I could handle living there f/t now.

First thing I do though when I start looking at a new place to hang my hat is check to see if Pentax carrying stores are nearby and if they have a darned Dunkin. Neither one is negotiable really. Someday I really do want to buy a K5 or similar, but I really would like to hold it in my hand and check it out first too, you know? Lenses I might buy one online, but I'm not too sure about a really expensive camera. $1500 is just too much money to be messing around with sending things back and forth.

Last edited by magkelly; 11-13-2011 at 10:14 PM.
11-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Philiadelphis Eagles press conference

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
I'm hoping that Ricoh will realize that the Pentax brand has a lot of people that support it and will still support it, especally if they get the cameras and lenses back into the local camera stores.
For what its worth I noticed the back drop for the Philadelphia Eagles post game press conference had "Ricoh" plastered all over it. Too bad the Eagles suck!