Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Help

I've always been a lurker here but now I have a couple of questions, sorry if I am long winded but I need help understanding a few things. I am currently in a position to purchase a K10D and was wondering should I go for the K10D or wait for the new model?.. If the new model has live view what is the advantages vs the disadvantages?. some one told me that with live view you lose auto focus.. I currently use a Sony DSC-F828 and am spoiled by the live view function.. I want to go with the pentax brand because I have my dad's old K1000 that has been dropped a few times and has traveled to many motocross tracks and still works like a charm plus there is 3 lenses with it (will they work on the K10D?).. Thank all of you in advance for your help.

Sorry for sounding like a moron but I have never used a dslr before.. so there may be many more questions.

Thank you again... Allen

12-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Allen,
Welcome to the forum.
I am in a similar situation to yourself, having a DS and wondering if I should make the move to the K10D.

My read on it is that I actually have the "best of both worlds" option by waiting. That way I can get a look at the new camera and I have no doubt there will be a few K10D's on the shelf for awhile that probably will not get any more expensive....particularly once the new camera is announced.

As for your old lenses...that is the beauty of Pentax, the backwards compatibility of all the old K mount lenses.

Good Luck.
Grant
12-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
rule number one with elctronics: There will always be something new and better "Just around the corner." however, GWP's advice is sound. if you wait for the new model and it doesn't seem to have something that you can't live without you could get a decent k10d for rather cheap.