Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #1

K200D flash problem

Lately when I use the flash on my K200D, it appears to drain the batteries. However, when I turn the camera off and then on again, the batteries are fine. It has gotten to the point that I have stopped using the flash even in low light, adjusting each photo with Photoshop to adjust the light levels.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks for your help,

Aljay (new member of Forum but a long time user of Pentax. I've never had any trouble before.)

11-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What tyoe of batteries, and how old are they? It's certainly normal that flash drains batteries.
11-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #3

Original Poster
Flash draining batteries

I have had my camera for about 4 years and have used both lithium and regular batteries. The batteries have always lasted as long as they should (with or without flash). It is only recently that I have experienced problems. With a brand new set of batteries, one use of the flash depletes them. If I turn off the camera and then turn it on again, the batteries seem to be okay - for non flash use. But again, one use of the flash and they are depleted.
11-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a K200D too and then an *ist DL. No problems with the built-in flash on my K200D (so far), but I did experience something similar with my *ist DL - and sorry to tell: It was a beginning short-cut in the on-board flash circuitry. I don't know exactly where, as I did not cosider the costs of a repair worthwhile.

If It happened on my K200D, I would consider a repair "at all costs"!

Last edited by Stone G.; 11-14-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: spelling