Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-5 with Sunpak 622 Super

I just ordered two Sumpak 622 Super Kits from B&H to use for off-camera flash with the K-5. These are older flashes that have higher trigger voltage, so I would never connect it to the hotshoe. Does anyone know if the it safe to fire it with a PC cord and the Pentax 2P adapter, or will voltage still be an issue. I guess if all else fails, I'll look into radio triggers.

Thanks.

12-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blockamon Quote
I just ordered two Sumpak 622 Super Kits from B&H to use for off-camera flash with the K-5. These are older flashes that have higher trigger voltage, so I would never connect it to the hotshoe. Does anyone know if the it safe to fire it with a PC cord and the Pentax 2P adapter, or will voltage still be an issue. I guess if all else fails, I'll look into radio triggers.

Thanks.
The K-5 has a dedicated PC sync port that can take a lot, I don't know about the hot shoe.
I have that flash to (the one with the independent battery pack), Sunpack has a good bare bulb, and trigger it with the K-5' PC sync, never had a problem!