Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #31
Forum Member

My K5 is known as "my Baby" in our household. When our daughter tries to sneak off with it. "Don't you even think about touching " My baby"!" is a common verbose statement at our home.

11-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #32
Forum Member

Nice question

No. My cameras don't have names.

The only device with a name is an answering machine built by Siemens. Because its strong German accent when speaking French, I called it Frida.
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No names for my cameras, but I do call my Telecaster "Pun'kin". 'Cause it's orange... like a pun'kin. My other guitars are nameless.

I do, on occasion call my computer a variety of names, none of which are safe for work, or in mixed company.
11-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #34

My k10d's name is "coy girl"; k10d is very good, if you love this

11-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #35
Pentaxian

My Saabs all had names for them as I went through many due to the age of the cars when I bought them, easier than saying my first light blue one If I had more than one of any camera model I might call it something. But if I say K-r nobody I am speaking to mistakes it for the 4X5. If I owned a Pentax Q and my deeply missed dogs were still alive I might name the camera as the short hand for the two dogs was the Qs due to both their names staring with ... Yes a Q.
11-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did give a name to my camera but I don't talk about it, like in person, that way. =)) I just use it for properly naming images coming from different devices (e.g. my K-x, my small P&S, phone cam, webcam) to keep things organized, as these devices tend to put too generic "img", "imgp" or stuff like that + image numbers by default.

I find it kind of weird referring to my camera with a proper name as if it's a person especially when I'm talking to people or writing about it.
11-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Although just about everything in our household is named, the only cameras with names are our two K-X's, mine is "Brownie" and my wife's is "Rosie", for their body colors. And my wife has a pink point and shoot named, appropriately, "Pinky." Everything goes my it's formal factory name, "The K10D", "The Spotmatic", etc. Oh, and my first digital camera was referred to as "The Brick" .

11-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I find it kind of weird referring to my camera with a proper name as if it's a person especially when I'm talking to people or writing about it.
Some people have very close relationships with their gear. Depending, this might be cute-crazy-artistic-practical-sacred-obscene-whatever. Yow.
11-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #39
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I did give a name to my camera but I don't talk about it, like in person, that way. =)) I just use it for properly naming images coming from different devices (e.g. my K-x, my small P&S, phone cam, webcam) to keep things organized, as these devices tend to put too generic "img", "imgp" or stuff like that + image numbers by default.

For my black K-5 the files have _K5K**** where the last K stands for the series I'm in starting at _K5A****. For my K-5 Silver I'm on _S5X**** where I started at _S5Z****. Keeping the camera's apart and knowing where I am in the series.
11-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #40
Veteran Member

I don't have a name for my camera, but I do call the front e-dial a long word that begins with "m" and ends with "r" every time I accidentally hit it and mess up my exposure.
11-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Never name a piece of electronic equipment, for the same reason you don't name the fish in the tank. They eventually die, and the name part makes it all the more difficult to flush it down the toilet.
kindest regards
11-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #42
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Mines called "barsteward" when I've just missed the shot for whatever reason.
11-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #43
Veteran Member

my girlfriend used to call my old K200d "Penty" - sound like "Panty", she would say "Did you bring 'Penty'?" when we go out..... >_<

Now I call my K5 "My Precious", without the look of Gollum in a normal day; and with the look of Gollum if someone try to play w/ my K5.. LOL

Lee
11-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
my girlfriend used to call my old K200d "Penty" - sound like "Panty",
And how many panties do you have?
[much low salacious humor deleted]

Ah, a new slogan:

DON'T GET YOUR PENTY IN A TWIST!

(advertising a non-fouling wrist strap)

OK, if we've GOT to start naming things... my other's new Nikon S4100 would be NEKO (KNEE-koh, the prosperity cat) -- our personalized Sony P&S's would be SONNY-BOY and SO-NO-GIRL -- the Olympus SW770 would be OLE OLESEN -- but are the two Prakticas BIG PRIK and LITTLE PRIK? How about the Herbert George Official Girl Scout 620? And it only goes downhill from here...
11-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #45
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
And how many panties do you have?
[much low salacious humor deleted]

Ah, a new slogan:

DON'T GET YOUR PENTY IN A TWIST!

(advertising a non-fouling wrist strap)

OK, if we've GOT to start naming things... my other's new Nikon S4100 would be NEKO (KNEE-koh, the prosperity cat) -- our personalized Sony P&S's would be SONNY-BOY and SO-NO-GIRL -- the Olympus SW770 would be OLE OLESEN -- but are the two Prakticas BIG PRIK and LITTLE PRIK? How about the Herbert George Official Girl Scout 620? And it only goes downhill from here...
Ad for the Q: penty in your hose