Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Battery charger not included with K10D?

Hi,

I was just browsing around some sites, trying to find who has the best deal going for the K10D. Sadly, I learned that neither of the K10D camera packages (at various sites) showed the inclusion of the Lithium-Ion battery charger. In fact, one site (which, I can't remember) listed a price of $279.95 for an external charger. If there are some cheaper, after-market chargers that you may be using, please post manufacturer's & pricing info on it. I would appreciate it very much.

12-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
My body-only kit came with the charger and battery.

I'd personally shy away from shops offering the body with no charger or battery.
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax web site . . . "what's in the box" clearly states . . . "Battery Charger D-BC50". The charger came with my K10D body. Dealer that is selling body or kit without the charger is awfully suspicious. Further, an external charger with car adapter should only run around 50-60 bucks . . . not 279!!!
12-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Doggydude ~ thanks.

I just happened to review my 'web-address' window, and called up two of the sites that I had visited. One, was BestPriceCameras, and the other was RitzCameras. No mention, anywhere, about an included battery charger in the package contents. I don't know if they figure it to be a 'given', or maybe that it really isn't included. But I will be sure of that matter - no matter whom I purchase from.

12-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rprii Quote
Pentax web site . . . "what's in the box" clearly states . . . "Battery Charger D-BC50". The charger came with my K10D body. Dealer that is selling body or kit without the charger is awfully suspicious. Further, an external charger with car adapter should only run around 50-60 bucks . . . not 279!!!

Yes...I do, indeed, know what you mean. But here is where I saw that outrageous pricing for an external charger: Pentax K10D w/SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Autofocus Lens (just so that folks, here, won't think that I imagined it ). I guess that it's supposed to be a much enhanced version of the OEM chargers, but a basic one would do me just fine. I know that I am relatively new to this, but don't the prices for even the Li-Ion batteries seem 'outer-worldly'?
12-21-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Don't worry. Battery charger is included.
12-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Honestly Nathan - call them and ask - take down names, etc. - before you hand over any cash. Find another store if you don't get the warm and fuzzies form those you call.

The charger is supposed to be with the camera body in the box, and the basic one is just fine. Just recharged mine for the first time after over 600 shots on the first full charge, about 100 with flash.

12-21-2006, 01:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all.

No, I wasn't really worried after reading a few posts here. I just wanted to show what they were asking for, regarding the battery charger and other items. Like with Rprii I, too, did see (at Pentax's site) where mention was made about the charger being included in the package. It just kind of threw me off when there were no signs of such at other sites.

Well, it's just a small matter of time, now - and I can't wait until I have this camera.
12-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #9
Forum Member

If they list the charger as an extra, it's most likely a scam operation. I'm pretty sure bestpricecameras falls into that category.

Check it out: Best Price Cameras [also: infinitiphoto.com, jandkcameras.com] Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings

I'm pretty surI'm pretty sure in the case of Ritz it's just a slight omission. Not that Ritz is my choice for camera purchases these days anyways...
12-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

After looking at their site and the outrageous prices, I agree, these folks appear to be a real scam org.
However, if you are careful, you can sometimes pick up some good deals at Ritz . . . they never charge tax and over $100 ships free. I would also agree that they simply omitted the charger in the description.
12-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #11
roy
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rprii Quote
an external charger with car adapter should only run around 50-60 bucks . . . not 279!!!
i bought an ac/dc 175watt converter at fry's for $8us. wife has one in her car also. it'll even run your laptop and charge your phone.