Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #1

Which Zeiss Contax MM lenses does a pentaxian need?

There is the LEITAX option to mod a lens to pentax mount.
Zeiss Contax MM surpasses the Zeiss ZK range.
Could anybody offer some (piece of) advice regarding which Contax lenses would a pentax (K5) owner need?

11-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Evening,

I have acquired and modified 2 Contax Carl Zeiss lenses, the 28mm/f2.8 and the 85mm/f2.8. They are both superb lenses. I used the Leitax mounts, and confined myself to the list on the Leitax site, in terms of what lenses they specifically support.Zeiss did provide a complete line of lenses for Contax, and Leitax support a lot of them (in the MM version of the C/Y mount), but not all of them (the longer focal lengths and the zooms).

Here is a online database of the Contax lenses, and all of their data sheets.In terms of what lenses would support your shooting, it all depends on what you type of photography you are interested in. The faster lenses (the f2 and f1.4 - with the exception of the 50mm) are very expensive - just as expensive as the ZKs. This is also true of the wide angle lenses - the 15, 18 and 21. One major difference with the ZK's I am told is that they do report aperture. The older Contax MM are purely manual K mount lenses.

Hope that helps...

11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
It helps. Thank you