Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian

K20D pop-up flash doesn't pop up!

Hi guys - well the title says it all. I tried to press the flash button and it doesn't do anything, tried all the different shooting modes, nothing.

Maybe it's just stuck there? Anyone has they same issue and knows how to fix it? I mainly shoot with external flash but sometimes the pop up is useful when I don't have the external flash with me.

11-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Shooting mode doesn't matter, the button is 100% mechanical and works with the camera off. Your flash is either stuck (spilled something sticky on your camera?) or the spring that raises it is broken. (Or maybe the button isn't connected to the hook that holds the flash anymore, I suppose.)

Try pressing the button and lifting the flash between your fingers, or even just holding the camera upside down.
11-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
Shooting mode doesn't matter, the button is 100% mechanical and works with the camera off. Your flash is either stuck (spilled something sticky on your camera?) or the spring that raises it is broken. (Or maybe the button isn't connected to the hook that holds the flash anymore, I suppose.)

Try pressing the button and lifting the flash between your fingers, or even just holding the camera upside down.
OK, thanks. You make perfetly sense. I'll try lifting the flash with my finger tonight. The body was never dropper nor spilled anything on it. I don't remember whene was the last time I used the pop-up flash it seemed working before...
11-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Update: I tried what drougge suggested by pressing the flash button and lifting the flash with my fingernail and it worked! When the flash popped up I heard a sound like it was depressuring, my guess is the WR suction that was making the flash to stuck...like I said I haven't used the flash for a while

Now, everything is working as it should.

Thanks druogge for the suggestion!