Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by travis_cooper Quote
Although I see how people can benefit from your blogs I kind of agree. Why do you make a post that I have to go to your blog then come back, why can't you just post the info in the thread too. I don't necessarily have a problem with you talking about your books, but it does seem like the threads I have seen that you start all focus us back there. Also, what is different from your books and the magic lantern series books? It seems like they would be about the same.

I hope this doesn't sound too negative, actually I wish there was a better organized place to put tutorials and then you could just post all these little tidbits of information there and it would be easier for people to find, along with other tutorials people have to offer.
Travis,

I wish I could put my complete posts on any of the forums, but all forums ask that you be brief and you cannot insert photos in most of them and the few that accept photos, they have to be located at the bottom, where they are not so relevant. I admit that my posts have a tendency to be a little long. Since you already know who I am on the forum(s), you do not have to follow the links. You can even skip over the whole thing. I usually write enough on the forum that you can answer, help out or give your opinion from the short version. You can visit my blog if you want to read more. However, I do think that my blog brings information and a great number of other interesting links to the photographic community at large. As for advertizing my books, I have one small banner on the blog mixed with several Google AdSense ads.

As for comparing my books with the Magic Lantern books, it isn't for me to comment. I'm not sure if you can download part of the Magic Lantern books, but you can download about one third of my books to see if it's for you, free.

Travis, I do appreciate your comments. I love photography and helping others, especially the entry-level photographers. Aren't the forums designed just for that?

Thank you for your comments,

Yvon Bourque

P.S. Yvon is a male name and I am definitely a male, with a full beard.

Last edited by ebooks4pentax; 12-21-2007 at 06:22 PM.
12-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #17

Tom M:

I thought you might want to edit your post to reflect the correct gender of the person you are vilifying.
12-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
I'm so sick of this - every f-ing forum I go to (not just pentaforums.com trust me!), there she is bleeding people for information so she can profit from it by selling it in her book.

The best advice is to not give her anything unless she's willing to cut you in on the profits. Period!

She's got the same crap going on at photo.net - right now actually!
(every f-ing for)

Tom,

There is no need to get angry. That's what forums are for. I have not ever published anything from other people's comments, not will I ever do. I wrote my books from scratch because there wasn't anything available for the Pentax DSLRs. Prior to my book and the Magic Lantern book, (that was published 4 or 5 months after my book) forums members were complaning that there weren't any books for the Pentax DSLRs. Now that there are at least two publications, some forum members are complaning about having books available.

I have been using Pentax cameras for longer than I care to admit. My first camera was a Pentax Spotmatic, the year they were introduced to the market. I decided to write a book on the K10D so all entry-level photographers would have a better source than the camera manual to learn. I then received so many emails about writing another book for the K100D that I did write one for it too. I both cases, I had to purchase the cameras (no donations fron Pentax here). I yet have to make enough profit to pay for both camera systems.

Ah.......I fell for it. I actually rebutted.

I know better than that, but I also know that you have to have a thick skin to write books or to let your opinion known by the public. Some like it, some don't. I will still continue to help my fellow Pentaxians regardless. I love the craft too much.

Thank you for your comments,

Yvon Bourque
12-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To all of those responding to this thread, let it be known that Yvon is a friend to this forum and if any of his posts required moderation it would of been done so by now so you can cease you ill attempts at policing him on this site because he does not require policing.

Take his information and do what you will with it, if you have nothing of value to add, then don't add anything at all, just move on.

Thanks and happy reading.

12-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #20

Well, I for one enjoy Yvon's posts. I find them interesting and informative. So I guess I'll just continue enjoying them.

Thanks,

Phil
12-22-2007, 12:48 AM   #21
Inactive Account

thnx

I for one would like to thank Yvon for posting valuable info and tuition. I learn alot from your post and appreciate you taking the time to share your skills.Keep up the good work i rekon.
12-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Cant believe some people audacy!

Really, you people criticising the OP... you should be ashame! As he ever done anything to you besides trying to help?! Shure if by visiting his blog you aknowledge his books and the possibility to purchase them, whats the problem with that? Im shure that writting those books took time, effort and knowledge. So if hes trying to help others and raise money with his books that is his business. People should be in position to decide to purchase those items or not. Nobody is forcing nothing. It seems to me that we might have here some gealous individual that should think what did they ever do to help others. Not only he wrote the books as he helps others in exchange of nothing. So hes not just another one, trying to make a quick buck by doing something he never used before... I know many like that in other areas. So, leave the man alone.
Keep being yourself, and as a former Nikonian and recent pentaxian, I must say that is just because people like you that I changed systems. Everywhere I go on-line, there seems to be a big worldwide pentaxian family and I feel at home and helped and helpful everytime is necessary.
Fortunetly this is not a world of declared war, like it seems to have rised up everywhere between Nikon and Canon.
And for the record I already knew you from another forum and I will adquire your book. I think it will be a good reading for my always improving knowledge of the amazing K10D.
Thank you for everything.
12-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
I'm so sick of this - every f-ing forum I go to (not just pentaforums.com trust me!), there she is bleeding people for information so she can profit from it by selling it in her book.

The best advice is to not give her anything unless she's willing to cut you in on the profits. Period!

She's got the same crap going on at photo.net - right now actually!
And MY advice to YOU is... don't click on the f-ing link. There. How hard was that?

Are you a refugee from the dpr forums? That kind of hostility is more inline with their mindset, from what I've observed...

Last edited by Duck Dodgers; 12-24-2007 at 07:35 AM.
12-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can always set the forum to ignore the posts from people you don't want to see.

Click [Members]
Click the first letter of the member's name
Click the member
Select [Add this member to your ignore list]

Last edited by Canada_Rockies; 12-23-2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added detailed instructions to add to ignore list
12-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone for giving their well wishes and positive responses infavor of Yvon, I am sure he appreciates them but please don't stir the pot for anymore retaliations.