Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Zombie sensor size.
I don't know why anyone wouldn't prefer the sensor size over an APS-C other than cost. 1. Used Canon Mark IVs are still fetching high prices on eBay. 2. Between the K-3, K-5II and the 645Z there isn't a lot of room for improvement in APS-C cameras with overall image quality. 3. There is still room for improvement with APS-H sensors.

I don't think business decisions should rely totally on analyzing what others are doing. Enough said from me.

09-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by traderdrew Quote
I don't know why anyone wouldn't prefer the sensor size over an APS-C other than cost. 1. Used Canon Mark IVs are still fetching high prices on eBay. 2. Between the K-3, K-5II and the 645Z there isn't a lot of room for improvement in APS-C cameras with overall image quality. 3. There is still room for improvement with APS-H sensors.

I don't think business decisions should rely totally on analyzing what others are doing. Enough said from me.
If Pentax offered a good APS-H camera for the price of a high-end APS-C camera, I think they would really turn some heads and generate some excitement and sales. However, I don't believe that Pentax is bold enough to do anything like that.
09-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, Pentax did say they're into making equipment nobody else makes... So that APSH format is right up their ally. Make is square and it's perfect a perfect fit for them.