Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2011, 12:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
You sir have a beautiful daughter
Thank you everybody for the kind words about my daughter. But to be fair to her sister, I should point out that I've actually been blessed with two beautiful daughters. I'll thank my beautiful Brazilian wife for that. Here's a similar picture I took last night of my 2-year-old. Again, I was doing a photo shoot for a coworker's family, and was using my offspring to test my lighting. And again, I was using the Tamron 28-75mm with similar razor-sharp results:

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
I do hope you have hanging in your closet a FADD t-shirt for when they get older.

(FADD-Fathers Against Daughters Dating)
Please, don't even mention it. At this point I can't even imagine a boy that I'll think is good enough to date my daughters, much less lay a finger on them. My two year old is saying that she wants to marry me, so on that front I'm still safe. But my four year old is already saying that she has, not one, but two boyfriends at her preschool.

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 12-13-2011 at 12:53 AM.
12-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Azzy Quote
btw just curious are you using studio lightning or flash / strobes ?
Yes, I was using two Paul C. Buff "White Lightning" monolights with medium-sized softboxes. I have four strobes in total, but was only using two of them for the low-key shots with the black backdrop.

One strobe was close to her right, and a second strobe was straight on, but set much farther back on the lowest setting to provide some fill on left side of her face. If you click on the picture in the first post on this thread to view the full-size image, you can actually look at the reflections in her right eye and see how the two strobes were setup.

When I do high-key shots with the white back drop, then I have the two additional strobes lighting the back drop to over-expose it into a pure-white background.

Of all the photography gear I've ever bought, the strobes are near the top of the list.
12-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #18
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good result, and a fine story to go with it.
Gotta be proud with that.
She's definitely adorable here.
Well done. The K-x is well worth what it goes for these days - definitely better than other cameras in its price range.
12-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #19
Forum Member

nice shot.....

12-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #20

Why i got a dlsr

To me i have never been a great fan of compact camera's nor bridge camera's (i do own some) . The reasons to choose a dslr for me personally are

Bigger > Easier to control and hold
Heavier > The lighter and thinner the more i shake with my hands
lens swap ability > crucial at most oppertunities
functions > a dslr has more functions to edit thus tweaking it to perfect level , i know that some compacts have that ability as well (C*non G9) but most dslrs have greater ability to adiust

Why i have more than one brand ?
Because no camera is perfect i sometimes want to travel way light and easy but still have dslr than i take my n*kon D60 when i think i do not need the extra options on the more heavier D80 or the beast D200

I really like my pentax K10d more and more it is a workhorse that does what it supposed to do take pictures after i hit the button.