Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2006, 09:50 PM   #1

Searching ebay

for eyecup and screen protector. Anybody else know where these can be located? Trying ebay trying to save a little cash. But most of them I find are overseas, would like to get them quick(at least the lcd peotector). Goig to check with Ritz or Wolf tomorrow, but I'm sure they'll want at least one of my arms.

12-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Normally you just don't need a lcd protector. The lcd screen is pretty much well protected as is. After nearly two years and 20k+ exposures and some travelling with the DS the lcd screen still is in good condition. From what I have read it also is easy and cheap to change the overlay (?) oneself.

fwiw,
12-22-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I just bought one and it was a piece of crap.

Actually the LCD screen is quite hard and resilient already. I regret wasting money on the screen protector...
12-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I bought a screen protector when I got my DS two years ago and the packet remains unused and the screen is still in good conditions, will I use it on my K10D, probably not.

12-22-2006, 02:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Try a pack of PDA protectors and cut them to size. Works fine and dirt cheap. Don't know where you'll find an eye cup except from Pentax.
12-22-2006, 03:10 AM   #6
Inactive Account

I agree with every one here on the LCD protection it's not worth the money or hassle. As for the Eye cup I would try Pentax customer service or parts dept. If they make on for your camera the price would not be off the wall. I'll check with my local Pentax repair shop and see if they have one to fit your camera and let you know. (I'm only about a mile or two from a very reliable Pentax repair shop and I was going there today to have him check out my battery compartment. sometimes when I put fresh batteries in the DL It doesn't show up on the screen and the camera says the batteries are dead and when I open the battery door and press down on the batteries and close the door for some reason then I have all kinds of fresh power. So while I'm there I'll check for you.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #7
Site Supporter

As far as the LCD covers, I agree with all of the above. Really a waste. Had my *istDS for two years and not a mark . . . bought a pack to try on my K10D, mainly because the saleslady was really cute, but found the sheets to be not worth the trouble.
Eyecup protector . . . I also agree with just calling Pentax. I have had a lot of success with their customer service . . . afte I got my K10D, I ordered the Viewfinder Loupe ME53 (magnifying protector) direct from Pentax and received it within 4 working days. Every dealer said it would take weeks.
If you call, be sure and ask for "Accessories" rather than "Parts".
Good luck.
12-22-2006, 08:25 AM   #8

Original Poster
Cool, thanks alot peeps.. I was just concerned because of my girlfriends SD550 screen... That thing has like 3 or 4 for deep cuts on it. So I didn't want the same thing to happen to me. But I'll take your words that the pentax screens can take a beating.

Reason for the eyecup, I where glasses. And sometimes it's hard to see in the viewfinder. I'm assuming the eyecup will help with this and cut down the glare?

Thanks for the input

12-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Look for ebay seller "camerahunter" or his website Welcome to the Camera Hunter
12-22-2006, 09:14 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Look for ebay seller "camerahunter" or his website Welcome to the Camera Hunter
yeah, he has some nice products. I just got my M42 adapter from him. Fast shipping too. I'll shoot him a email and find out.
12-22-2006, 09:17 AM   #11

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How long do you think you'll be using your camera body - 2 or three years? These digital cameras are consumable as compared to film SLR's. My Canon AE1 has all of the features that I need in a film camera. My new k100d is great today, but in a year it will be obsolete compared to the 2008 models
12-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #12

Original Poster
The Camera Hunter: Pentax Eye Cup

They don't have the k10 o k100d listed. But will this still work on the k10/100?

And superfuzzy, even though new models come out in a year or two, that doesn't mean I'm just going to put the camera down and never use it again. Or even if I want to sell it. That's going to be one of the first thing a person will look at.