Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2007, 07:59 AM   #1

Multi-Exposure... or lack of!

Please Help!

I am a new proud owner of a pentax k10d. My issue is simple, I can't select multi-exposures. It doesn't matter which number I pick (2-9), once I back out of the menu and reload it shows as "off". All other options I have chosen thus far have been problem free. I have written Pentax, and they have asked me to send my camera back for overhaul, but I don't wish to part just yet.

I have tried reinstalling the firmware (1.30), but same thing.

Any suggestions??

12-22-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Are you hitting the OK button before backing out. Sound silly, but thats what i was forgetting to do, and now it works fine

Dave
12-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Theres nothing wrong with your camera. Once you set it you must take the pictures and they will be multiexposed according to whatever you set it at. Going back into the Menu or pressing the RAW button before or during will exit the exposure mode. Its in the manual page 167
12-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yes, I am backing out with the OK button.

12-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #5

Original Poster
After exiting menu (using ok button) even if I try firing it stops at one single exposure.
12-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elfhunter Quote
After exiting menu (using ok button) even if I try firing it stops at one single exposure.
Ok, are you shooting just one frame or are you pushing the shutter down for the exact number of exposures? If you set it to say, 5 exposures the image should come up once after every shot on the lcd letting you see how it looks as you shoot. By stopping do you mean it wont let you press the shutter anymore?
12-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Once you have selected multi-exposure in the menu, and are back in shooting mode (i.e. out of the menu), have a look at your top LCD screen. Next to the Aperture display, the multi-exposure icon should be on; that will tell you if you have multi-exposure selected.

Also, the image comes up on the rear LCD after each shot; this doesn't mean the multi-exposure shooting has stopped.
12-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

If you are choose to combine 5 multiples exposures and using AF-S mode, you will need to take the picture 5 separate times.

The camera is NOT supposed to fire 5 pictures off in a row by pressing the shutter once.

12-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #9

Yeah... had the same "prоblem"... Just tried it and it works OK. Set the multi-exposure, and then shoot one by one, 5 times. And they are combined into one shot.
12-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #10
Veteran Member

The user could be confusing multi-bracketed with multi-exposure?? Thinking that multi-exposure is going to give him some set number of images with different exposures? Just a guess..

Anyway, read the manual carefully as there are a few things you must do and a few things you must NOT do when using Multi-Exposure..

Either way I hope you get it sorted out as it truly is a great feature on this camera.
12-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member

This is something I haven't tried yet .... I really should get the manual out and have a good read of it.
12-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #12

Original Poster
Ok... Now I feel like a big tool. Thank-you to all for your patience with this "newbie"

So... for future readers, Multi-exposure is NOT Burst mode. I confused the two and feel... ya, Thanks.
12-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elfhunter Quote
Ok... Now I feel like a big tool. Thank-you to all for your patience with this "newbie"

So... for future readers, Multi-exposure is NOT Burst mode. I confused the two and feel... ya, Thanks.
We've all been there elf Dont forget to post us some pics and have a safe festive season.