Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2007, 06:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax selling very well in Canada.

Yesterday, I was talking to the local photography store owner, and in our conversations I asked him how Pentax was doing. He reiterated that he can't keep them in stock. He also told me that Pentax Canada was sold out of DSLR bodies. In other words, if you don't see it on a shelf, tough luck in trying to get one at this moment.

Likewise, I am told to wait till mid January to get the off shoe adapter F. I have the other two parts, but must wait for who knows how long to get the third part of the puzzle. Either it is a rare item, or production was siphoned to something else at the moment.

12-24-2007, 02:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chako Quote
Yesterday, I was talking to the local photography store owner, and in our conversations I asked him how Pentax was doing. He reiterated that he can't keep them in stock. He also told me that Pentax Canada was sold out of DSLR bodies. In other words, if you don't see it on a shelf, tough luck in trying to get one at this moment.

Likewise, I am told to wait till mid January to get the off shoe adapter F. I have the other two parts, but must wait for who knows how long to get the third part of the puzzle. Either it is a rare item, or production was siphoned to something else at the moment.
Availability is always an obvious weak point for Pentax gear, especially for lenses, no surprise here.

One may say the gear are selling well and the stocks are going out fast. But, on the other hand, it may probably just a limited availability or even popularity problem afterall.

Btw, do we see those most popular DSLR model like the Canon 400D/XTi have ever run out of stock and should we really believe our Pentax gear have been selling than those real top selling models?? :-)
12-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I hate to break it to you, but in my neck of the woods, this little photography store is selling 3 Pentax cameras to every Canon or Nikon camera.

The fact that you can't get one this instant just highlights how popular Pentax's resurgence has been of late.

I don't view this as a negative situation.
12-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #4

Pentax selling well in Canada?

Yeah... Sorry.

My fault.

It's the LBA and CBA.

12-24-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Availability is always an obvious weak point for Pentax gear, especially for lenses, no surprise here.

One may say the gear are selling well and the stocks are going out fast. But, on the other hand, it may probably just a limited availability or even popularity problem afterall.

Btw, do we see those most popular DSLR model like the Canon 400D/XTi have ever run out of stock and should we really believe our Pentax gear have been selling than those real top selling models?? :-)

If Pentax had Canons resources, I am sure the shelves would be stocked with K100Ds and K10Ds

Give them time, if they continue to grow in popularity as they are now, it should be easy to get Pentax gear !!
12-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And then you come to an area like mine where nobody even stocks Pentax at all, not the little camera shops (all two of them that I know of within a 30 min.drive) or the big retail stores. I guess that's why I've yet to see any other Pentax shooters, though I do know there is at least one out there from talking to him online.
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Chako Quote

I am not surprised at all, 6 of my co workers bought PENTAX, 2 with the K100 and 4 the K10. After they looked what Pentax has to offer, the features, best bang for the buck and the multiple awards, they went Pentax.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Cheers

Rene