Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I'd say you may have to become quite firm with your requests. Be polite but firm. You need your camera for _____ fill in the blank. They *should* be able to give you a replacement on the spot given you paid for the insurance. I hope for the best for you.
I agree.
I bought a lens from ritz and the rits extended warranty that is a no questions asked warranty...In other words, if I drop it and it breaks, ''they'' replace it. This is why I bought the warranty.

12-26-2007, 03:10 PM   #17

Original Poster
on the warranty it says that it could be fixed as well though. trust me though, at this point, i am going in tomorrow, "polite and firm" but determined to get a new camera. especially after all of your feedback.
12-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #18

Original Poster
I went to Ritz today and they told me they got the shipping label and it will be sent in tomorrow. He explained that they can't just replace it right away. It has to be analyzed first. He seems to think they will replace it. I looked over the warranty again and it does say that they try to repair the product first. (If for some reason you seem to think otherwise and think I should be even more persistent, please let me know!) I am so bummed as I really wanted my camera for New Years. Oh well, I tried. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again!!
12-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
yeah.. the critical thing is to weigh up whether you need the camera for anything specific that would make it better to wait before sending it in to be fixed/replaced.

In my case, my camera fell off the front seat of a car onto the floor, resulting in the breaking/locking of the autofocus mechanism: and this was about 3 weeks before I was to fly out for a long European holiday. I took it in to be repaired, but only on the proviso that they agreed it could be fixed in time or I simply wouldn't hand it over, so to speak!

Thankfully, it was properly (and quickly) repaired and I had it back in time.

Hopefully it all works out for you!

12-28-2007, 02:32 PM   #20

Original Poster
If I don't hear back from them within a week or two, I'll be contacting them again and asking for it back before a certain date because I am taking a class and will need the camera. Glad yours was returned in a timely manner and is working well. I am still hoping they just replace it! I'll let you know.